Wednesday, March 16, 2011
Along those same lines, our battery in the Camry finally died on me one morning. Just the day before, Aaron called me and told me to turn on the radio. I tuned in to the station and heard his voice answering questions. I thought he was calling me for help, so I was yelling out answers. It was just a recording of his call, but he actually got the questions right and won tickets to some concert in Boise. We had no desire to go to the concert, so we sold the tickets that day on Craigslist. We sold them for $80, just enough to pay for the battery and little bite to eat that night!
Elsie got invited to a Pajama & Pillow Pet party tomorrow night. I think she is the only child that doesn't own a pillow pet! I knew I needed to go out and buy one. I told Aaron about it and his immediate reaction was, "Go get her one." I didn't want her to be sad, and I was so happy that Aaron agreed. However, he wasn't quite as excited when he saw the $20 price tag. But her heart was set, and there was not turning back. She picked the pig because it will match her room. Her prayer last night was this, "Thank you for Jesus, thanks for Kung Fu Panda (Aaron and her had just been watching it), and thanks I can get a pillow pet." Love it!!!
Wednesday, March 9, 2011
1. I fit into my skinny pants. They are the the jeans I bought in 2004 when I lost a bunch of weight, and I've kept them to remind me. I tried them on last week just to try it out, and sure enough they fit and I didn't have to squeeze to button them! Not gonna lie...that was the happiest I had felt for quite some time.
2. I've contemplated a lot about what I would do for a living if I could really do what I wanted. I know in the next few years I will go back to teaching, but I don't think that is really my dream job. As we were watching Cake Boss, Aaron said "We should open up a bakery." Kind of funny since it's not like we have all these great recipes or something, but I really do think that would be great. (Probably wouldn't still fit into my skinny pants, but oh well.) I think something like that would be right up my alley. Maybe someday?!
3. I subbed for a Music teacher today. During some of my down time, I plunked on the keys of the piano and realized I should've never quit piano. I want to learn again. I need a piano first, but that is definitely a goal of mine when the time is right. Maybe Elsie and I could take lessons together.
4. So sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
5. Okay, now that I complained about winter, I will change gears. I am so grateful for all that I have. Aaron and I were talking about how lucky we are and how much we really do have. Why do we tend to forget those things and focus on everything we don't have or on all the things we want?? We have each other, we have Elsie, we have wonderful families and friends, we have our health, we have a home, we have a job...the list goes on. I'm going to try harder to recognize those things and be content and appreciative. It sure does make life easier.
Wednesday, March 2, 2011
When we got home, I told her I wanted to take a picture of her new hair (which she still talks about how much she loves it). She starting pulling out all sorts of poses. She was on a roll, and I was loving it.
Here are some pictures from February:
This is what I saw when I walked in the house after subbing one day. It was the sweetest thing. There's not much Elsie loved more than to nap or have a sleepover with her daddy. He lets her share the pillow, and she loves that. (I'm much to light of a sleeper to snuggle that close!)
Check out our swingset that Aaron found on Craigslist for $15!! It's great. Elsie has been dying to get out there to play on it.