Wednesday, March 9, 2011

5 things

Five random thoughts:

1. I fit into my skinny pants. They are the the jeans I bought in 2004 when I lost a bunch of weight, and I've kept them to remind me. I tried them on last week just to try it out, and sure enough they fit and I didn't have to squeeze to button them! Not gonna lie...that was the happiest I had felt for quite some time.

2. I've contemplated a lot about what I would do for a living if I could really do what I wanted. I know in the next few years I will go back to teaching, but I don't think that is really my dream job. As we were watching Cake Boss, Aaron said "We should open up a bakery." Kind of funny since it's not like we have all these great recipes or something, but I really do think that would be great. (Probably wouldn't still fit into my skinny pants, but oh well.) I think something like that would be right up my alley. Maybe someday?!

3. I subbed for a Music teacher today. During some of my down time, I plunked on the keys of the piano and realized I should've never quit piano. I want to learn again. I need a piano first, but that is definitely a goal of mine when the time is right. Maybe Elsie and I could take lessons together.

4. So sick of winter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. Okay, now that I complained about winter, I will change gears. I am so grateful for all that I have. Aaron and I were talking about how lucky we are and how much we really do have. Why do we tend to forget those things and focus on everything we don't have or on all the things we want?? We have each other, we have Elsie, we have wonderful families and friends, we have our health, we have a home, we have a job...the list goes on. I'm going to try harder to recognize those things and be content and appreciative. It sure does make life easier.

8 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I happen to know of a relative of yours who seems to be a cupcake making expert. Sounds like a perfect sister bakery ever. I promise to eat there regularly, who needs skinny jeans?

Angie said...

Kim, just let me know when to get my baking tools ready. How about "the Wise Choice Bakery"?? Catchy right?

Although, I still think we could have an amazing party planning business...


I am so proud you fit into your skinny jeans! Very impressive. I bet that makes all the emotional breakdowns over food well worth it. :)

Don't even get me started on WINTER....

I don't miss piano, but instead wish I was born with the ability to play an instrument..you know those people that can hear a song, and figure it out on the piano no problem...I hate those people...okay, I'm just jealous.

dirty>south said...

i almost fit into mine too!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim,

1. I hate winter too
2. You should definitely go after your dream job. I would to be a customer if we ever move out West.
3. My mom picks up piano's at estate sales. There's nothing quite like going through a dead person's stuff, but she finds really good deals on pianos. She bought a decent piano for me for about $200-300 dollars (not that anyone plays it in our house). Just an idea if you want a piano cheap.

I hope you find better weather soon.

Love,
Mary Rondina

Jill said...

Yay on the skinny jeans! I often wonder what I will want to do when I get back into the work force, it seems far off, but time moves quickly. My mom took piano and loved it, for some reason never had me take piano and I have held some resentment ever since. Jack and Bella can both play simple stuff, be we are without an instructor at the moment, and we just have a keyboard, so not terribly effective. Agree on winter, no more ice please!

Anonymous said...

YAY for fitting into your skinny jeans!! :) LOVE it. You look amazing...really, you do. Um...right there with ya on winter. DONE.

Unknown said...

Way to go Kim! It's always a great day when you get back in the skinny jeans!

Colleen said...

Congratulations on the skinny jeans! AWESOME. I like the idea of a bakery. But yes, the skinny jeans would just have to go then :). And it is so easy to forget to count the blessings, thanks for the reminder!