Wednesday, March 16, 2011

This week's randoms

Things just seem to work themselves out sometimes. Aaron was contacted by an attorney that we worked with that does contracts for surrogates/parents. She needed another attorney to do a contract for the surrogate because she was doing the contract for the intended parents. Long story short, Aaron was able to bill out a pretty decent amount of money for not a ton of work. We were pretty excited to have this extra money to put away for vacations...until Aaron went to the dentist. He needs a crown really badly and a little filling. Even with our dental insurance, it will still be a big chunk of change! So there goes that money...but at least we had the money, right?! (Have I ever mentioned how Aaron only went to the dentist a few times during his whole childhood...the third time being right before his mission?! No wonder we are paying the price now!)

Along those same lines, our battery in the Camry finally died on me one morning. Just the day before, Aaron called me and told me to turn on the radio. I tuned in to the station and heard his voice answering questions. I thought he was calling me for help, so I was yelling out answers. It was just a recording of his call, but he actually got the questions right and won tickets to some concert in Boise. We had no desire to go to the concert, so we sold the tickets that day on Craigslist. We sold them for $80, just enough to pay for the battery and little bite to eat that night!

Elsie got invited to a Pajama & Pillow Pet party tomorrow night. I think she is the only child that doesn't own a pillow pet! I knew I needed to go out and buy one. I told Aaron about it and his immediate reaction was, "Go get her one." I didn't want her to be sad, and I was so happy that Aaron agreed. However, he wasn't quite as excited when he saw the $20 price tag. But her heart was set, and there was not turning back. She picked the pig because it will match her room. Her prayer last night was this, "Thank you for Jesus, thanks for Kung Fu Panda (Aaron and her had just been watching it), and thanks I can get a pillow pet." Love it!!!

10 comments:

Samantha said...

Kate and Owen BEGGED me for a pillow pet. Then their great grandma got them for them for Christmas. My kids had never been so happy. Kids LOVE pillow pets!

::lindsay said...

Kaiya's in LOVE with her pink pig pillow pet too! Seriously. Chloe is always carrying around Brobee and Kaiya has her pig. Next time they get together, they can have a pillow pet party too!

Gary Wise said...

I am going to get a black cat pillow pet and name it "Blacky"

Larry and Janice said...

Hey Kim - You guys just must be livin' right, huh? :) Great how things worked out for the unexpected - and extra smiles when Elsie got her pillow pet! Alyson's husband Nate was sad when we got their kids some for Christmas - he'd kinda wanted to get them for his kids (unknown to Alyson) cuz he wanted to be their HERO for giving their favorite gift! We accidentally stole his thunder - but it doesn't hurt to get to be "hero" grandparents once in a while, I say!
I'm always peeking in on you guys but don't say hi too often - sorry, but my heart's definitely with all you Bates!

Anonymous said...

Cute! Harper has the pig pillow pet too! Tell Aaron the 20 bucks isn't so bad, because they definitely hold up under pressure! And you can wash them a million times and they still look like new!
I think the Wise boys all have chalk-teeth no matter what!! Love you!

Nicole said...

I agree with Piper! Wise boys = chalk teeth! Always plan on spending a lot of money until we can get them all in dentures!!

peggy said...

Just catching up on your blog. Love the haircuts - nothing wrong with matching (since Kendall and I kinda match right now!) What an adorable family you have! Miss you guys...

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

I wonder how many prayers Heavenly Father hears a day from kids just like Elsie who are excited about new toys!:) I'll bet he loves to hear about their sweet happiness:)

Colleen said...

It seems for us that every time we get a little extra something comes up too, I know just how you feel! But like you said, at least you have the money. And Elsie, man, that girl is so precious!

Shelly said...

Your blogs looking good!! I love that you're switching it up! It's so fun!! :)