Sunday, May 19, 2013

Kindergarten Graduate!

I can't believe she's done with Kindergarten!  It's crazy.  This year has gone so fast.  She really has loved school and didn't want it to end.  Elsie was really grumpy yesterday Friday afternoon, and I asked her what was wrong.  She sniffled and said, "I just don't want school to end."  I know she was also a little tired from all the partying, but I do know she was feeling down about it.

The whole Kindergarten put on a program on Friday.  Elsie had been telling me that they were singing a bunch of songs, but she wouldn't give me any hints about what they were.  She was excited for us to come to the program to watch and hear the songs.




I got to the school 1/2 hour before the program to save seats as the teachers had suggested.  Oh my gosh, people are crazy here!  There were so many people there already, rows and rows of chairs being saved by sweatshirts/jackets.  My seat was fine, but I wish I had just stayed at the school when I dropped off Elsie.  I had just been dinking around at home.

The program was cute.  They sang some cute and funny songs.  Elsie wouldn't keep her hands away from her mouth.  She gets embarrassed up in front of crowds.  I kept making eye contact with her and reminding her to move her hands.  I was totally doing a mean mom face!  Haha!

Speaking of being embarrassed...The final week of school they had a theme each day for how to dress.  Monday was Luau Day, and she wore a cute flowery dress and a lei.  Tuesday was Sports Day and she wore her soccer uniform (even though she first told me that wasn't a good idea).  Wednesday was crazy hair day.  The night before she told me she wanted me to surprise her with how to do her hair.  I looked up some ideas on pinterest and had a plan.  Wednesday morning got kind of busy and she was moving slow, so we didn't end up having a lot of time for hair.  I was about half-way done with her hair when I noticed this look of disgust on her face.  Then when I asked her what was wrong, she started crying and said it was embarrassing.  I suggested doing something different, but she was over it by then.  After a little mommy daughter meltdown, we settled on her normal hair.  Later, after school, we talked about it again, and she said she had just wanted two pigtails.  I reminded her that she needed to tell me that instead of saying she wanted a surprise.  She has a hard time making a decision, and always wants us to surprise her.  Maybe this will teach her to decide on and say what she wants!

Elsie's teacher was Miss McGlothin.  Elsie loved her and she loved Elsie!  I got to be the room mom this year and be really involved in the classroom.  I also got to know a lot of the other moms and their kids.

4 comments:

Earl Family said...

Kim, I love all of your updates! You have such a darling family.

Piper said...

It's crazy how time flies! Way to go Elsie! ( AND Mom and Dad!)

Angie said...

I seriously can't believe how old she is getting! Elsie is such a perfect little child...we just love her!

yeah utah families are crazy about their performances....ive had to fight a couple people for good seats at Q's preschool performances. it's the worst.

Melissa said...

I love that Elsie's idea of "crazy hair" was two ponytails! lol.