Monday, December 13, 2010

Christmas is Coming!

This month has been really fun and festive!

We started off with decorating the house. Elsie really enjoys helping me put ornaments on the tree.
Notice how they are all bunched at the bottom of the tree. My friend and I hosted a cookie exchange, so Elsie and I made some sugar cookies for all the kids to decorate.


We got together with some friends to decorate graham cracker houses.



We've had the Christmas music playing, and Elsie is learning the words to all the songs. We're all super fans of good ol' Bing Crosby stuff thanks to Aaron. Elsie has been opening the doors on her advent, and loves getting a little something every morning. I've got most of the my shopping done, but I can't figure out what to get Aaron. It always stresses me out...I am not a good gift giver. I think it's the perfectionist in me. Oh well, I'll figure it out.

7 comments:

Angie said...

1. I am so sad that I have yet to make graham cracker houses with Q and friends....
2. aaron's face when putting on the star=classic
3.Elsie is just so so cute, I love her faces when she is helping in the kitchen.

Piper said...

FUN!! We have Bing on replay too. I think it's a Wise thing!

Colleen said...

Buying for the man is always hard for me too. REI gift cards never fail me, though. Elsie is looking so grown up, and, might I add, you look fantastic, my friend!

Aly said...

Ah. I miss decorating those houses with you guys! Looks like fun. YOu are so good to let Elsie help with the cookies. I normally say "let's make cookies" but I would much rather just do them quickly myself!

Angie said...

p.s. Q has that same red and white striped shirt!

Larry and Janice said...

I think you kids were about Elsie's age when the Bates/Woodruff event got started! Miss it - and you all!!! So cute, Kim! Elsie's at the perfect Christmas magic age!

::lindsay said...

How fun! It looks like your holiday is in full swing! We're gonna try to make those houses next week.