Saturday, May 2, 2009

We are ready for Disneyland!

On Thursday some friends of ours told us about this "Day of the Child" celebration in Caldwell where they have crafts, hand out books, etc. It is really for the Hispanic community, but we went anyway. We were walking around, mostly just following our friends who have a tad bit older kids, when we see Mickey and Minnie Mouse walking up the stairs. Ok, so the costumes were not Disney quality, but Elsie did not care!! She was beside herself!! She was not afraid of them at all. I tried to get her to wait a few minutes to go over to see them because our friends were doing something else. She would not have it. She walked right over to them...making a gitty, giggly sound the whole way...waved hello, gave them a hug, gave them a high-five. But, guess which loser mom didn't have her camera. That's right, me!! Oh, I'm so mad at myself. She had the cutest grin on her face the whole time. Needless to say, we visited them several times throughout the afternoon. You thought I was excited to go to Disneyland before...now, I really don't know how I'm going to wait until October!

7 comments:

Angie said...

Oh I'm so excited. Glad she wasn't shy...disneyland is going to be awesome!

Jill said...

Yay! I love kids that are excited about Disneyland. You guys will have such a fun time! I always forget my camera when stuff like that happens too.

Piper said...

So should I feel offended that she likes fake Mickey more than her real family members!? Maybe I should make a cheesy video for her to watch everyday!

Peggy Dee said...

Sorry about the late night but it looks like all is well in most other areas. Elsie is really getting to a fun age. Thanks for sharing all her antics and the cute pics!

Annie said...

Oh, I know! I am excited to go to Disney World with Abigail. She is very into princesses all the sudden.

Colleen said...

How cute! I love that Elsie wasn't shy at all. She is going to be beside herself in October!

lysh said...

I would have paid money to see that! How fun!