Saturday, May 2, 2009

I can't sleep, so I might as well blog

Last night we went to a scout fundraiser dinner for the scouts in our ward. We were able to drop off Elsie at our friends' house because their niece who lives with them was going to watch all the kids. It was nice to eat dinner and visit without having to deal with her. We take her out with us all the time, so it's not like she's super difficult or anything...it's just nice to not even have to think about it. After we dropped our friends off and picked up Elsie, we headed home to get her ready for bed. They called us a few minutes later to see if we were up for playing a game. So, Elsie stayed up late playing with her friends, and we had a fun time as well. You would think that would mean Elsie would be so tired and completely out for the night. Not the case! She woke up at 4 a.m. crying, finally settled herself down, and woke up again crying 15 minutes later. I went up there to snuggle her and got her back to sleep. But I couldn't ever get back to sleep, so I've been out on the couch watching HGTV and looking on the computer since 5:30 a.m. What a bummer!

It's pouring rain outside right now, which is actually nice to listen to. I was supposed to go running this morning to get ready for my 5K (don't laugh...that's a big deal to me) race that I'm doing next week. I guess I'll just be running on the treadmill at the gym instead. I'm still working on losing weight. I've lost about 19 lbs. so far. I want to lose 5-10 more lbs. I have a certain size I want to get to before I invest in summer clothes. I better get moving!

I had a good week with Elsie. Nothing too exciting or different, but we had a good time together. I never had one of those days where I felt like she was driving me crazy. I feel like she is just getting cuter and cuter and more and more personality. She's talking more and says funny things. I watched another little boy the other night that is a week younger than Elsie. It was so interesting to see the difference between the two of them. Elsie was so much more vocal and understood more, whereas he is more physical. I guess that's a big difference between boys and girls.

Okay, I'll post more later. I can't even keep a thought anymore.

3 comments:

::lindsay said...

sorry to hear you had to wake up so early. We were up at 5:30 this morning if it makes you feel any better. Oh and the entire family was up by 6--all because of Chloe's crying.

Angie said...

Must be something in the air...bad night here as well!

Anonymous said...

Holy Cow - 19 pounds? That's awesome Kim. Early morning wake ups? Not so awesome.
-Alissa