Monday, May 11, 2009

My weekend

I ran the "Race for the Cure" on Saturday in Boise. It was only a 5K, but it was a good first experience to prepare for. I did it with a friend in my ward, her niece, and some other friends and family of hers. Well, really I ended up running by myself because I couldn't keep up with Diana and the others decided to walk. That was okay, though, because I had my music going and there were all sorts of people and things to look at. I kinda liked it...I think we are going to keep running and do a longer race this summer. Anything to help me get this last bit of weight off!! (By the way...officially lost 20 lbs.)

I had a nice Mother's Day. Aaron let me sleep in and got up with Elsie. However, I couldn't really get back to sleep...but it was a nice thought! When I came out of the room, Aaron was standing at the counter writing in my Mother's Day card. Oops! (I love him to death, but these kind of things...mother's day, valentine's day, etc...are not his thing!) I told him I wan to get a pedicure and a few tans this week as my present. We went to church, took a nice long walk, went a little overboard with yummy food...just a nice, relaxing day with my little family.

8 comments:

dirty>south said...

Hey, Happy Mother's Day. Forgot to tell you yesterday.

Colleen said...

It sounds like a nice relaxing Mother's Day for you. You are a wonderful mom, Kim! Elsie is such a lucky girl! And CONGRATS on the race! It always feels so good accomplish something like that, especially when 20 pounds lost goes with it.

Angie said...

Hey congrats on your race...now you are one of those "running" people. Glad you had a good mother's day cause you an absolutely fabulous mother and I am so lucky that I got to see you in action for the few months you were up here, I definitely learned so much from you and hope that qiana loves me as much as elsie and aaron love you.

lysh said...

You did it! One race down. Even though I have only ever entered one race they are pretty interesting. Happy Mother's Day! I'm glad it was relaxing for you. You deserve it!

::lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a great Mother's Day. Good job with the race! And that is terrific that you've lost 20 lbs!

Annie said...

20 pounds! That is inspiring.

Earl Family said...

20 pounds? How? Please tell me how you did it? I need help :)

Alissa Maxwell said...

Hooray on your 5K! See, we knew what we were doing when we dragged you into track back in high school. Or, maybe it was the cute boys that got us out there...

Happy Mother's Day to you Kim! You were truely made to be a mommy - Elsie is so lucky to have you cheering her on everyday.