Friday, May 15, 2009

Happy Birthday to our Man!

Yesterday was Aaron's 33rd birthday. It's so weird to think that the first birthday I celebrated with him was his 23rd birthday. So much has changed and happened since then. At that time, I was home in ML for the summer, and my mom had the idea of driving down to Orem and surprise Aaron. It worked out so great. He had no idea I was coming and I called him on the phone right before I knocked on the front door. When he came to answer the door, he was so confused and shocked. It was perfect! We've had a lot of fun celebrations since then, but that was probably one of my best.

Anyway, yesterday was a pretty much a normal day. Aaron still had to go to work, still went to the gym, and so on. He couldn't think of anything that he wanted for his birthday...that we could afford, that is. He did buy himself a watch the other day, so he has something to time himself when he's running. So, since we didn't have any fun presents for him to open, we had to come up with something else. Elsie and I did a little creative shopping at Target and decided to decorate the hall where he comes in the house. We cut out 33 hearts and each one said one thing that we love about him. (I won't write the list for you all because that would be embarrassing.) We also blew up some blue balloons for him, which Elsie insisted on putting them in straight rows. (I know it's a little amateurish looking, nothing fancy. There's only so much you can get done in a couple hours!)
Elsie and I each gave Aaron a card, and I made his favorite dinner...sweet pork burritos. Elsie was very excited to give the card to Daddy. She colored a picture for him, and the card was purple and orange...her two favorite colors. But then she wanted to take the card back!It turned out to be a nice evening, so we went on a walk with Wrigley after dinner. Then we watched all the Thursday night shows after Elsie went to bed. This weekend we're going to go out and maybe even see a movie...that hasn't happened it quite a while!
Happy Birthday, Aaron! You're the best!

10 comments:

Angie said...

reasons I love Aaron:
1. he laughs at his own stupid jokes
2. he can get lindsay riled up
3. he's yardy
4. his dance skills always bring laughs

happy Birthday Aaron! You are an amazing father and husband, and I'm glad you are in my family (we just had a tender moment)

kimmie-love the decorations! now I just need to find out what was on those hearts.

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Aaron!

More reasons Aaron's great:
1. His whole head rubbing thing
2. His gazillion nicknames for Kim & how he tries to embarrass her.
3. How he thinks The Office is the FUNNIEST SHOW EVER.


I hope you have an awesome day!

Alissa Maxwell said...

I would love to see that list! How fun and creative of you. Gifts are nice, but the reminder that we are loved and so cherished is so much better.

By the way, when did we get old enough to be celebrating birthdays in our 30's?

dirty>south said...

You got it all wrong: the best thing about Aaron is the WISE GUARANTEE

It never fails, to fail.

Happy Birthday, bra!

Kim said...

Don't get any crazy ideas, Ang! Some were just a little tender, and I didn't want to sound corny to everyone else! But the card I got him was pretty good...he he.

Colleen said...

Wow, it is strange to think of it that way, 23 to 33! It sounds like you guys really made him feel special, even if Elsie wanted the card back! Happy Birthday Aaron!

Mandi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

Piper said...

Cute Aaron! Looks like he had a great day!

Annie said...

Why is Aaron's birthday making me feel old? I can't believe our BYU days were double digit years ago.

Nicole said...

Love the decorations! Looks like he had a great Birthday (and weekend!)