Sunday, May 24, 2009

I'm not tired, so I guess I'll blog

-This is the first 3-day weekend in a long time that Aaron and I haven't travelled or had someone come visit us. It has been really nice to be at home and not have anything we have to do. Don't get me wrong...we LOVE getting to see our family and friends, but we needed this break from travelling. Our next adventure is in a couple weekends when we drive down to Burley for Aaron's triathlon.

-Elsie is a talking machine. The last couple days she has started with all sorts of crazy jibberish talking mixed with some of her usual words. I'm fascinated by this language she has come up with and am constantly trying to decode what she says. I know it will start making more sense and she'll learn to say more and more words correctly, but, in the meantime, it can be a bit challenging. She say teetles instead of tickles, pice instead of spiders, mize instead of my or mine...I'm know there's a lot more, but I can't think of them right now. I do love hearing her cute little voice and being able to communicate with her so much more.

-Last weekend we went to see Wolverine. It was way fun to go to the theatre to see a movie, but, truthfully, it wasn't one of my favorites. I like all the other X-Men movies, but I had a hard time getting into this one. Who knows why?! Maybe I'm just getting old and boring. No, I think I just get bored with all the action scenes. It happens in a lot of movies. We rented Marley & Me last night. I wasn't a super fan of that either. Jennifer Aniston just bugged me in that role because it wasn't believable. Plus, I'm not a real dog person (yes, I know we have a dog...but I don't get real sentimental about it.). So, what it comes down to is that I need to see a good movie. I'm 0 for 2. :(

-Last Sunday I stayed home from church with Elsie because she had a fever. For the next couple days, she continued to have it off and on. I took her to the doctor to make sure it wasn't a UTI (thank goodness it wasn't), but they weren't able to find anything else. Anyway, it went away by Wednesday, but I had a few days stuck at home with a sad, sick Elsie. The only good part about her being sick is that she snuggled a lot and slept a lot.

-I've continued running for exercise. I still suck at it! Why can't I do it?? I know it's a mental thing. I'm in pretty good shape overall, but running is just a challenge and I get so frustrated. We'll see how it goes tomorrow.

-Elsie's favorite song right now is "Poker Face" by Lady Gaga. She loves to sing it, but we are not allowed to sing or dance while the song is playing. She's so bossy!

-I don't know why I haven't been taking any pictures lately. I need to work on that.

4 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

I am a little behind on movies so these might be crappy recommendations but Jon and I just watched "Australia" and loved it. It is a very pretty movie. I have also heard really good things about "Taken". But, I also haven't been to the theater since Rhode was born...

Annie said...

I saw Taken, and liked it, too. And, Abigail will hardly let us sing with her, too. She says "my, turn!"

Colleen said...

Star Trek was amazing. Adam and I saw it last weekend and I loved it! I am glad Elsie is feeling better. I love those jibberish languages, make sure you get that on film!

Peggy Dee said...

I liked Star Trek too. They made it the sort of movie that even non-Trekkies can enjoy. Marley & Me is definitely a dog lover's movie. The whole time I was thinking, "Get rid of that dog!" Taken was good too. Just enough action and suspense to keep you on the edge of your seat but not scare the bejeebies out of you. We miss you!