Sunday, April 26, 2009

nicest weather ever!

Earlier this week we had a few days of total summer weather. By mid-afternoon it was about 85 degrees, no wind, no clouds...it was perfect. Elsie and I spent lots of time outside and we were able to break out her new summer clothes.

I thought this little outfit was so cute on her. It made me feel so happy and summery! Plus, I think she looks like such a big girl in this picture. We invited some friends over to our house to play with a fun sprinkler I bought for Elsie. She woke up from her nap and I told her that they would be coming over to our house soon, so she stood at the window on her stool waiting for them to arrive. She waited for about 2o minutes. It was pretty cute.


She wasn't a big fan of the sprinkler, but she had a good time playing with her buddies. Oh, how I miss the days of being able to run around in your swimsuit all day without a care.
I have been giving Aaron a hard time about not getting any pictures of me, so I forced him to take some of Elsie and I the other night. Neither of us were really dressed or ready for a photo shoot, but he got a couple cute ones.

(Nice chin shot, huh?!)

Yesterday I spent the day washing windows for a YW camp fundraiser. It was a long day, but our girls are really great and we had a fun time. I really enjoy the other leaders I work with as well. We worked from 8 a.m. to about 3:30 in the afternoon. I was so tired when I got home! The highlight of the day was when Aaron called me in a total panic telling me, "I told them to send you in. Come in the house!" Well, here's the back story. We divided into two groups, and my group was not the one assigned to do the homes in my neighborhood. When I realized that, I gave the other group my garage code in case Aaron wasn't home when they went to my house to clean windows. Apparently, one of the leaders, after knocking on the door a few times, came in through the garage and said "Hello. YW are here." No response. So she said it again and Elsie came running over to greet her. Well, then she heard Aaron yell from upstairs. As it turns out, Aaron was in the upstairs bathroom using the clippers to shave his legs, chest, etc. (don't ask me why he does this!) and he was NAKED!! Elsie was downstairs watching a show to stay occupied. So as I'm talking to him on the phone, we called the other leader on her cell phone to let her know that it would probably be a good idea to come back to our house later. I tried not to give too much information, but I finally just had to tell everyone. We were all laughing so hard!!! Anyway, now he's famous in the ward...at least among the YW leaders!

9 comments:

dirty>south said...

aaron shaves his legs. ok, even I don't do that.

oh man, why couldn't he have gone downstairs in just his towel and been like "Alright ladies, my chest is clean, now let's see you clean those windows!"

Anonymous said...

It's so I can run faster! Am I the only one that does that?!!

-Aaron

Angie said...

1. I can't get over how cute elsie is. That swimsuit is freakin awesome and her standing on the stool is precious. And you two are a cute pair.
2. Aaron.....totally gay! Ha haha. That story is so awkward and will thus be laughed about for years.

Colleen said...

Oh my goodness! Is Aaron mortified? How funny is that?!!! And Elsie's swimsuit is so darn cute! What a sweetie! It's snowing right now...I NEED SUMMER!

Jill said...

I love Elsie's suit. We have not yet been warm enough for outdoor water activities. And I have a houseful of spring fever, we really need warmer weather.

Oh Aaron-what a nut. How mortifying and hilarious. Hopefully the other leaders will tease him for a long time to come. Tell him not shaving adds more wind resistance and makes him work harder. Unless he's going for speed, in which case, shave in the dead of night.

Piper said...

Aaron is such a girl!!!!! What the heck? When Elsie gets older, who will teach her how to shave her legs, you or Aaron?
Also, Elsie looks very big! So cute too.

Larry and Janice said...

This is too hilarious! One of those living legend stories, Aaron, I'm sure will live forever! Kim - you and Elsie are so cute!

Nicole said...

Aaron - Jeff shaves his body too! Not just the legs, but the chest too! It is pretty funny though!

lysh said...

The picture of Elsie in her new summer clothes does make her look so big. The Aaron story is classic. I love that you ended up just having to tell them why they had to come back. I would have been laughing so hard I would have been crying.