Monday, April 20, 2009

orange popsicle

(Beware: This post contains a crazy amount of pictures, but I had a hard time choosing which ones to leave out. They are all too cute. But it's my blog and I can do what I want! :)

Yesterday was one of those days that just made me so happy. The weather was absolutely gorgeous and we got to be together as a family. We were outside practically the whole day. We took a walk in the morning, hit around the tennis ball (I know, I know, it was Sunday...but we couldn't resist), played outside, sat on our little porch and looked around the neighborhood, visited with our neighbors, and took another walk. I felt genuinely happy and content, and I even got a little sun on my face. What a great feeling!

Elsie ate one of her popsicles while we sat on the porch. It was orange (her new color obsession), so that made it even better.





Elsie's faces...always entertaining!
When I say "cute smile" this is what I get. I think it's cute (I am her mom), but it really isn't the best smile she's got.




This smile right here is the one that just melts my heart.


Elsie insisted on putting on her BYU hat just like Daddy. She's also loving her new crocs (she was these pink ones and some purple ones and doesn't want to wear anything else).
She was so sad when her popsicle was finally gone (it didn't help that Aaron kept taking bites off of it), but Aaron got her all excited about playing with the stick and she forgot all about it.

8 comments:

Colleen said...

I love her faces too! What a perfect sunny day...I am so jealous! We are having a beautiful one today, but for some reason EVERY SINGLE WEEKEND we get snow!

Nicole said...

Yesterday was an amazing day here too! Looks/sounds like you guys had the perfect Sunday!

Annie said...

Elsie is so cute. I love her "cute smile." That is very similar to the smile I get from Abigail when I say "Say Cheese!"

Angie said...

you're right those were all such cute pictures! i love sunny days with frozen treats!

melanie said...

She is so happy with that popsicle. Adorable photos, every one!

Earl Family said...

ADORABLE!

Larry and Janice said...

Kim - I've gotta meet your girl someday! Cutest ever - so full of spunk! Lucky you guys - and lucky her!

Jill said...

We are finally having some nice weather down here! Elsie looks so cute, I love the BYU hat. I love the one where she is standing on one foot, adorable Kim!