Friday, November 7, 2008

pictures of my new stuff

Well, I finally got off my behind and took some a few pictures of some of our fun, new purchases. I have a lot left to do and will have to wait until more money comes flowing. But for now we are loving it.
Aaron got his big TV finally!! (Please ignore the freak show on the TV...It's the Doodlebops show and Elsie was loving it. She got ticked when I tried to turn it off. We were dancing around the room with little towels. Anyway, he's a little frightening!) I totally need to decorate and accessorize the whole room. But, honestly, right now the simplified decor is kind of nice. I don't like clutter.
Here's our sectional. We've been really happy with it so far. It is a really pretty green (not sage...more sagey/seafoom) color, but I'm having a horrible time finding anything that matches it. I'm not even being OCD about it...it's just kind of a weird color.
And, the van!! I love it. I really like the white color a lot more than I thought I would. It looks very sharp. Elsie and I drove around the block (behind our house where there aren't many houses...I was trying to be somewhat safe) right after we took this picture. I let her sit on my lap and steer the wheel. She thought that was the greatest thing. I remember doing that as a kid and thinking I was so cool. She was giggling the whole time.

We also got a new washer/dryer and a new mattress set for our bed. No pictures, sorry. :) It was fun making the purchases, but now the bills are coming in...darn it!

7 comments:

Angie said...

love the new purchases! that van is so cool...i'm jealous.

lysh said...

Kim, I love your new stuff. I bet Aaron is overjoyed with the big screen TV. I absolutely know what you mean about decorating...I don't like too much clutter either.

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim -
You have the funnest little girl! It's fun to hear about your home "building" - - such a great homemaker!
Love ya - Janice W.

Annie said...

Love the van.

Nicole said...

Looks like you got some pretty cool stuff! I love to go out and buy the new stuff, but I hate paying for it all. Love the van too - glad you are loving it!

Nicole said...

Looks like you got some pretty cool stuff! I love to go out and buy the new stuff, but I hate paying for it all. Love the van too - glad you are loving it!

Anonymous said...

Hey Kim
Great sectional...I got the same one (same color-I did accent colors and matched to those). I guess great minds do think alike.
-Lynette