Thursday, November 13, 2008

biggest fit ever

Elsie threw one of her all-time biggest fits at the grocery store today. Everyone was staring at me. The last trip to the grocery store was very similar as well. I don't what the deal is. Well, actually, I do have some idea. Whenever Aaron and I are out shopping together, he will always hold her if she wants to be held...not to say that I haven't done it as well. She's just so little and light, that it's easy to hold her. However when it's just Elsie and I and a cart, that's not possible. She was so mad that I was making her ride in the cart (I even tried to put her in the big part of the cart which she likes better than the seat), so she screamed (LOUDLY) and cried for most of the time I shopped. I kept trying to ignore her and just get the shopping done, but she was ruining my concentration. She finally started pointing to some of the food I had in the cart and I realized she must be hungry. Keep in mind, we had just had lunch before going to the store. The other problem is my child won't eat. So, I found a thing of fruit snacks in my purse and she settled down. She even managed to give me a cheesy smile (which was really cute because she was still trying to settle down and catch her breath) and a kiss. All was well and we finished our shopping. Maybe she just hates grocery shopping as much as I do!! (I got it from my mom.)

We went to the library again today with our friends. We tried out a different library today, and it was so great. There were way more people there and the activities and songs were so much fun. I'm glad we have that to look forward to now.

I went with my neighbor to a card-making thing last night. I hadn't done that kind of stuff for such a long time. I was so nice to zone out and make things. I really do enjoy it. I just hate having all the stuff around my house (I'm in a major decluttering phase) and it's so hard to find the time to do it when Elsie is not around. It was so great to go over to someone else's house who has everything you could possible imagine and was super organized. She had some really cute ideas and had everything all laid out for us. I think I'm going to do go once a month and do it. Best of both worlds, I think.

Well, good shows are on tonight. I've got a new pack of Skinny Cow's in the freezer. And it's almost the weekend.

7 comments:

Colleen said...

Luke is not a fan of the shopping seat either, and wants everything on the shelves that looks slightly delicious. Shopping is not so fun with him! So glad you are settling in and finding some fun kid and mommy stuff to do!

Nicole said...

I remember leaving several shopping carts full of groceries and taking Lexi home because she was crying so hard and throwing such fits! I really feel for you. At least she settled down!
Glad to hear you are getting back to doing some fun crafts!
Love you :D

::lindsay said...

I'm glad you are having some fun stuff to do. I love going to those card making nights when it's someone really creative doing it.

Maybe the grocery shopping grouchiness does run in the family. Did you tell her that you "were just going to get a few things?"

Earl Family said...

You are a good mom.

Angie said...

elsie's fits are always so epic...sorry it made grocery shopping even worse. and yes i think hating grocery shopping is genetic...cause i get so annoyed with it too.

lysh said...

I with Elsie on this one. Shopping of any kind is such a pain. Fruit snacks are always a good way to save the day. Your story about making cards reminded me of when you started scrapbooking and I thought it would be fun to try. Bad Idea!! I am not talented like that.

Cali said...

Sounds like Elsie and GG have a lot in common. It sounds like you are getting settled there, I'm happy for you. LOVE the Skinny Cows.