Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Go BYU!

I had to post our annual BYU pictures. Aaron gets to excited to put on his BYU gear for game days, and he loves it when Elsie joins in. Maybe someday I'll actually get a shirt as well. Aaron flies his flag for everyone to see as the drive by. Go cougs!



Elsie wanted to show off her new outfit. She's just not a little baby anymore. She's closer to 2 than 1 1/2. Wow! It's gone fast.
These pictures don't quite do it justice, but Elsie had some fun with my make-up this morning. She was sitting on the counter next to me as I was getting ready, so I let her play with some of the make-up and pretend like she was putting it on. Before I knew it, the whole side of her face was white and shimmery. When I showed her how she looked in the mirror, she laughed. It was funny!
The only other thing going on is that Aaron and I both got callings in our ward. He is going to be serving the primary, which he is very pumped about. He's going to teach the 8 (turning 9) year olds. I was called to the first counselor in the Young Women's. I am excited and a little nervous. There aren't many young women in our ward, so hopefully I will be able to serve well.

7 comments:

Angie said...

callings already huh? you guys will be awesome! can't wait to see you in a week!

Jill said...

I just got a BYU shirt a few weeks ago. I have no idea how I didn't have one, I always buy the kids BYU gear as well. I am first counselor in YW's right now as well! It is a busy calling thus far, but I really like everyone I work with and it cracks me up how the YW think I am old-yeesh.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Wow! Elsie does look more like a "2" in that picture. Amazing how fast they go from infant to baby, baby to toddler, and then suddenly - a kid!

Annie said...

I was the YW president (if you can believe it) in my last ward, and it was strange! It really made me feel old and realize how much time and effort my own YW leaders put in that I just took for granted.

Colleen said...

Go Cougs! I love the pink BYU shirt...sigh. And YW is so awesome, enjoy!

Cali said...

Hey Kimmie, that's the same calling as me...I love it so far, although sometimes I feel like a party planner. You will be awesome, and the girls will really look up to you.

lysh said...

The pictures of Elsie putting on make-up reminds me of when Ryan and Nena were living at my parents when zaymes was young. I woke up early and Zaymes always woke up too. He would always come in the bathroom with me and use my makeup brushes. It was so cute. Kids are hilarious. You will make a wonderful YW leader. Both of your callings really suit you.