Friday, October 24, 2008

new job, daycare and the gym,

Aaron and I had decided that when we moved down here he was going to go out on his own doing defense work. He had an idea of how to get clients and we were feeling confident that he could make it work. However, last Monday he went in to meet with a guy whose firm has the public defense contract for the county we live in. They also can do their own private stuff as well. Anyway, the guy offered Aaron a position there, and he took it. It's nice to know that he will have definite work and income and then can try to get his own clients as well. Of course, the firm takes a cut of any private work, so that's the down side. If things are going well with his private stuff, then he will probably leave that firm and do his own thing.

We signed up at the gym here and finally started going back this week...after a week and a half vacation from the gym. Boy oh boy, I am dying!! I did a step class on Wed, a spinning class yesterday (well, 3/4 of the class...Aaron and I were too exhausted to finish), and another step class today. I had been pretty good about going to the gym the last month or two, but these workouts have been way harder than the class I was going to up in ML. I'm glad, but am looking forward to resting a bit this weekend.

Speaking of the gym, while I'm working out Elsie goes to the daycare there. She has actually been really good about not crying when we drop her off, but we have not received wonderful reports when we pick her up. She made two little girls cry today! It sounds like all she did was say "NO NO NO" while pointing her finger (thanks Grandma Wise for teaching her that...ha ha), but still, my daughter is making people cry. That's not good. I don't want to have a "mean girl" daughter. Aaron just thinks it's funny, but I'm starting to get paranoid. Not really...but hopefully she'll grow out of this. I was talking to this lady tonight and telling her about Elsie and how she's a firecracker. I told her about the daycare incident, and she just said, "Well, at least they didn't make her cry!" I guess there's something to be said for that. We know she can hold her own!

4 comments:

melanie said...

Congrats on the job and getting to the gym. It has been so hard for me since Reed. And it's not like he's a bad baby or anything.

You never know what the crier did to Elsie first. Kidding....sort of.

dirty>south said...

oh come on Kimmers. Angie still tells me "NO NO NO" and I still cry. Cycle of life.

mumovearls said...

That is Funny! Sweet Elsie!-nena

Angie said...

the kids she made cry should be embarrassed....