Thursday, January 3, 2008

this is not good

Elsie's hair was getting way too long in the front and needed to be cut so badly. For so many months, the only hair that was growing was her bangs. Fortunately, the rest is starting to catch up, but we had to do something about the bangs. They were always in her eyes and looked messy. I was too nervous to use scissors that close to her face, so Aaron volunteered. This is what happened:He went way too short!!! I am freaking out. It looks funny because with the way her hair is growing in on the sides it totally looks like a bowl-cut. Poor Elsie! Even she is upset about it!!!

Aaron still won't admit that he cut it too short. Oh well, it will grow out. I guess I can't complain since I was too scared to do it myself. She's still a cutie!

(You know the more I look at it, it's not so bad. Maybe I was just too used to the long bangs, so this seems so different. Way to think positive, Kim!)

11 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

Leave men with scissors and no good will come. Just kidding, she looks adorable! I wish my kid had a too much hair problem... Oh and thanks for taking care of my family for me!

Jill said...

Aww, she looks cute! I have haircut trauma with my kids. Jack always screamed bloody murder. As a result, Bella had her first haircut last month at age 4 1/2. We cut off four inches and only I can tell...sigh....

I can't believe Aaron was brave enough! That's impressive.

Angie said...

aaron aaron aaron.... just kidding. next time she's due for a haircut just let her aunt gi-gi handle it. :)

Angie said...

she is still adorable though. so no worries.

tamiearl said...

She still looks adorable, but I can understand your trauma at first! Love you all and getting so excited about your move up here.

::lindsay said...

She looks totally cute!

Alissa Maxwell said...

I think Elsie still looks adorable. At the rate her hair grows, those bangs will be back in her eyes before you know it!

dirty>south said...

he should have just shaved half of her head. that's his style, right?

Alissa Maxwell said...

Oh and one more thing - in some parts of the world, it it tradition to shave a baby's head on their first birthday (girls, too!). Something about helping their "real" hair to grow in faster. My friends that live overseas really debated whether to observe this local custom with their daughter. In the end, they did it - much to the grandparents dismay!

Nicole said...

She is adorable! It wouldn't matter what her hair looked like - she would look beautiful! Jeff tried to cut Brayden's hair once and ended up razoring the whole head because it looked so horrible!

Samantha said...

I'm with lindsay- she looks totally cute. I kept looking for the "after" because i couldn't find one that didn't look good.