Friday, January 28, 2011

Today

Five years ago today our boy, Paxton, was born. We love him so much and wish he could be a part of family now!

Elsie was asking about him the other day. We had been talking about how little boys like to wrestle and climb on things. She asked about our little friend, Sam, and why he like to climb on things. Then she asked, "Does my brother like to climb on things?" I kind of chuckled and said, "I bet he does." Then she asked about several things that he might climb on, including, "Does he climb on Jesus?" How do you answer that one?! I said, "Sure, why not?"

It always helps to talk about Paxton, and I love that Elsie knows about him.

9 comments:

dirty>south said...

Ok tearing up at work. very cute and we all miss who he may have become in this life. something to look forward too.

Nicole said...

I am glad that you keep his spirit alive by talking about him. It is good for all of you. I love that she asked if he was climbing on Jesus. I am sure he has. Love you and sorry for what you have to go through.

melanie said...

Thinking of you Kim. I love little kids and unabashed innocence, Elsie is a doll. Love to you, Aaron and Elsie today.

::lindsay said...

Thinking of you, Aaron, and Elsie today. Elsie is a sweetheart and I can't wait for the day when we all get to see Paxton again.

Angie said...

I always just picture Paxton as a mini version of Aaron. a little kid who loves little pranks, playing outside,and totally chill. I bet he loves climbing all over things, and being a little boy.

I think it's great that you guys talk about him, and that Elsie knows she has a big brother waiting for her.

Just know that mom is taking good care of him. Feeding him all kinds of good foods, and letting him get away with crazy stuff. :)

Piper said...

Oh boy, what would we do with our Paxton if he was here with us? So so glad we can keep him here in our hearts, and we have Elsie June to give an extra squeeze to. Love love love you all so very much.

Larry and Janice said...

I agree with Angie's description of Paxton and how Grandma Tami is totally spoiling him. You have wonderful children, and I imagine Paxton's asking as many questions about his sister, looking forward to meeting her, as Elsie is about him. Our love to you and your family.

Kacey Nielsen said...

I love the thought of Paxton climbing all over heaven, Jesus included! Thinking of you today.

Mama T. said...

God bless you. Thank you for keeping Paxton in our memory and in our hearts. Love you all.