Thursday, June 17, 2010

Count Your Blessings

Things that made me happy today:

Getting up early enough to have some quiet time by myself...even read some scriptures. What?!

Having a good, long workout at the gym. I've appreciated the gym more and more lately. I feel so much better when I exercise and release energy and stress. Plus I feel stronger, physically and mentally.

Going to the library and park with friends. Elsie needed some friend time. I needed some friend time. The weather was so pleasant. The sun felt so good. Elsie played and played and I hardly had to watch her. I got to visit and relax on the blanket.

Visiting with a friend who just gets you and loves you no matter what.

Eating Freschetta pizza for dinner. I was not in the mood for the other dinner ideas I had, so we just went for it. I guess it kind of counteracts the morning workout, but well worth it!! Plus, a little diet Pepsi with it never hurts.

Playing tennis with Aaron and Elsie this evening. Elsie is so darn cute with her little tennis racket (why didn't I bring my camera???) and tries so hard every time to hit the ball. Aaron would bounce the ball to her and then tell her when to swing. Her reaction was a bit delayed most of the time, but she hit some as well. She would say "Ugh" in the cutest little voice every time she missed it. She tried so hard and got so excited when she did hit it. Aaron and I were doing a little song and dance when that happened, but then she told us to stop. Aaron and I were able to hit around together for a while. I'm like 1/100th as good as he is, but we were able to have some fun and get some good volleys going.

Getting a text from my sister that made me smile. It's always nice to know when someone is thinking about you.

Hanging out with my family tonight. While I was on the computer, Aaron snuck Elsie some gummy peaches. I knew what they were doing, but I acted surprised when I looked over saw her eating them. She was laughing so hard thinking she had totally tricked me. Now, she's down in bed. I'm going to read while Aaron watches the basketball game, then maybe a little SYTYCD results show, and then bed.

4 comments:

Shelly said...

thanks for the reminder! I definitely need to sit and count my blessings tonight! For me it's really hard when I can never seem to stay on top of things and I see mess after mess after mess being made with no end in sight! I told Adam today I feel no sense of accomplishment, or appreciation and that I want a tangible 'paycheck' for all my work and he told me I get paid in blessings!! SO not what I wanted to hear but I know it's true! So thanks again for the reminder!
It was fun hanging out today! I had fun with Elsie at Pams. I miss my 3 yr old Kadence. Elsie's so adorable! Enjoy it while it lasts--they grow out of that stage too quickly!

Angie said...

Things that made me happy today:

Hearing that you had a good day

::lindsay said...

I'm glad you had a great day! It sounds like it was relaxing. I love days like that.

dirty>south said...

love you kim. can't wait to see you guys.