Thursday, February 4, 2010

Anything else you'd like to complain about?!

Okay, so I'm talking to myself! But I really need to vent about my frustration with my foot. A few weeks ago the ball of my right foot starting hurting while I was working out. The pain just wouldn't go away, and it was starting to bother me when I was just doing normal activity as well. It seemed to finally get better, and then it started back up again just a few days later. Last week it finally was hurting so bad that I decided I needed to do something about it. Aaron and I went shopping for new shoes, and even bought some inserts with extra padding. I worked out the next morning with no improvement. So I took a few days off from the gym and went back on Monday. Slight improvement, but, by yesterday evening (after having to wear heals for a couple of hours for a church activity), my foot was throbbing again. I didn't work out today, and I'm super frustrated. I know that taking a few days off from the gym is not that big of a deal, but it scares me. I know that step aerobics and running (two of the main activities I do) are not helping this situation, but I'm not going to quit. I'm supposed to do a half-marathon in May, and I'm not backing out. I just want my foot to get better and everything be back to normal...RIGHT NOW!!! I also know I am not patient!!

9 comments:

dirty>south said...

you should make aaron massage your feet every night. that might be a "step"... in the right direction.

Earl Family said...

I am so sorry for you. In August my ankle was really giving me fits. I was determined as well to not give up, but I will say this: It won't get better until you rest it. I had to take about 3 weeks off until I could function again. The longer you workout on a hurt foot, the longer it will take to heal. Good luck.

that's just my two cents. whatever that's worth.

Unknown said...

Do not wear heels!!! This is probably how you bruised the ball of your foot in the first place. It happens to me everytime I wear heels for long periods of time. Take it from a x-ballerina...it is the heels.

Keep wearing flat shoes and do the elliptical while your feet heal.

Colleen said...

I agree with The Earls...you need to give it a chance to heal or you aren't going to get to that half maration in May anyway! Do you have a pool you could work out in for a couple of weeks? Taking a couple weeks off won't stop the plans, just make sure to set a specific date for starting up again! Trust me...been there. Feel better!!!!

Ashley said...

That has happened to me before too! It's the WEIRDEST thing! Mine hurt for like a month and then the pain just went away. I am just realizing that it happened during a period when I was doing step aerobics class (and a bunch of other types of classes). MAYBE that had something to do with it. Maybe try some other types of exercises that aren't so strenuous on your feet. Good luck and hope it feels better SOON!
And definitely just wear flats to church functions while it heals :)

Angie said...

Oh Kimmy I'm so sorry that sucks. I'll massAge your foot when I get down there if that helps!

Alissa Maxwell said...

Yuck! I hope you find quick relief. I think we better call 2010 the "Year of the Half Marathon." I'm not trying to do mine until September though. If you don't make May, then come to Lk Chelan and Run with me in September!

Unknown said...

If the pain radiates up behind the "big toe" joint and/or the toe itself, it could be a slight case of the gout. Allapurinal eliminated any symptoms of gout for the past several years. (or you may have simply bruised the bal of your foot) I sound like a drug pusher, since I seem to recommend a drug for a variety of ailments. Hope it gets bette soon.

Grandma Goo said...

Hi Kim, I sprained the bootom of my foot the end of May, and it is still giving me fits .I finally went the foot doctor, and she taped it. I discovered that I had injured the flexor tendon that runs to each of my toes, from the middle of my foot. It felt like I had a wad of whatever under the ball of my foot. I left it taped for 9 days, then removed it. It felt like normal the whole time it was taped. I go back Monday to get fitted for orthrodicts for my shoes, which will make it feel like it did when it was taped. She said to buy New Balance with the rollerball in the heel. Hope you get your foot better,maybe need to get it checked out by a foot doctor. Jill's Mom in Oregon