Friday, December 4, 2009

All the regular days in between

So what's been going on in our normal, everyday life?

Elsie is fully potty-trained...and has been since day two of our potty-training experience. I don't know how to explain it except she AWESOME! No, really. She just totally got it. She was obviously ready. I guess that's what happens when you wait until your child is almost 3. Whatever the case, I'm so relieved and she's been loving it. She gets sticker everytime she goes, and used to get a gummy worm. Now she doesn't really care about the gummy worm. What a strange child! She definitely does not have a sweet tooth like her mom.

Aaron and I are enjoying being parents to Elsie so much right now. Not that we haven't always loved her, but she is SO MUCH FUN right now. I hope there is more of this to come because I don't want this to go away. We want her to stay this age forever! She says and does so many funny things...I wish I wrote them down more often. She loves to give hugs and kisses. She always is telling me "I love you, Mommy" or "I love you so much" (and when she says "so" it kinda sounds like "show"...ha ha.) She's the perfect little girl for our family.

I've been busy with Young Women's. I try to be a good, fun mom for Elsie. We play games and watch shows at night. We're reorganizing and rearranging our upstairs to create a little playroom for Elsie and her toys. I still go to the gym a lot, but it's not doing a whole lot of good right now. Darn holidays! Darn treats! Plus, does anyone else feel so lazy in the winter?! Aaron goes to work, but gets home as soon as possible. We love it when he gets home. I've been working on a few craft projects with some friends. I love crafting. I don't even care if it's helping them on their projects. It's so relaxing to me...therapeutic, I guess.

I feel like over the past few weeks I've had a lot on my mind, and I'm finally working through it all. I'm loving the Christmas season. I needed it!

7 comments:

dirty>south said...

congrats Elsie.

love you guys.

lazy winter is soooo on.

Alissa Maxwell said...

I agree, I LOVE this age. Silly stories every day. Getting to potty trained would be awesome... congratulations to all of you!

Angie said...

Elsie is a superstar! And you were so worried....
Yeah the winter kind of kills my motivation to do much but snuggle on my couch and watch tv, but I'm hitting th gym every day helps you a little bit....at least that's what I hope.

Love you guys and can't wait to see you again.

Colleen said...

Awesome Elsie! I am a big fan of waiting until they are older, it's so fast then! I am glad you are enjoying the ride!

Annie said...

Doesn't it seem so gross now that you used to change poopy diapers?

Peggy Dee said...

I've just been catching up and it looks like your Thanksgiving was a good one. Elsie is getting so big. Yeah for the potty training! It is a great age. Enjoy every second of it cuz it doesn't last nearly long enough. We love you guys!

::lindsay said...

Glad the potty training went so smoothly. Gotta love it when they master it right away. Sounds like everything is going great!