Monday, November 16, 2009

I really can't complain

So the potty training hasn't been too bad. Elsie is a champ! We've had a few accidents, but overall she's doing very well. I have to ask if she has to go potty, and she'll usually tell me if she does. I wonder when she'll be able to tell me on her own. Last night she told me she had to go #2 but I think it's because she had already started and that reminded her. It was pretty funny!! We haven't left the house for a couple of days, and I'm starting to go a little stir crazy. I think I might attempt a one-hour trip to the gym tomorrow because she's doing so well.

Other good news is that her uriter reflux (what was causing all her urinary tract infections and the reason she's been on an antibiotic for the last year) is gone!! We did a little procedure this summer to fix it, and I just took her in for follow-up testing this past week. Everything is looking great. We are so happy and relieved. Plus now she doesn't have to take her medicine every night. Good for all of us!

4 comments:

Angie said...

yeah! good job elsie. I'm so proud of you.

and so awesome about her ureter...never thought I would say that sentence. :)

melanie said...

Good job on the potty training. It's hard to stay home but better than having to worry about public bathrooms with a potty trainer. Yuck. Hope the gym went ok.

So glad the procedure worked. What a relief.

Colleen said...

Awesome and awesome! No potty training comes completely accident free, it sounds like she's doing amaizng. What a relief to have her healthy again!

Jill said...

Glad to hear it's going well. I keep putting off starting with Sophie, I thought I would have so much time while the kids were in school, I was wrong. Poor little Elsie with the UTI's, glad that is cleared up.