Tuesday, October 6, 2009

September Happenings

A little bit about Elsie this month:

-She says "pittas" instead of "pizza"

-Whenever she says a word that starts with an "s", she moves the "s" to the end of the word. She says "tores" instead of "store", "pills" instead of "spill", etc. I think it's so funny!

-I can't believe how much she talks, how much she has to say, how we can have full on conversations, how she is so expressive and funny! This has been one of my very favorite things about her so far.

-We finally put a toddler bed in Elsie's room and moved the crib out. She was so excited about it, and did great for naps. But the first few nights were a bit rough. The first night she woke up crying a couple times and we had to go snuggle with her. The next night I woke up to her staring at me at the side of my bed. It was kind of freaky! Another time I just heard this loud exhale out of her nose. Good thing I'm a light sleeper. After a few nights, though, she got used to it and has done great.

-I don't put make-up on every day, but, when I do , Elsie is right there with me. She wants to do it all by herself and takes it very seriously.
-We've started going to the library again now that summer is over. We went with a big group of friends a couple weeks ago. It was funny to watch her with them because she kind of got everyone else up and dancing and singing. She's definitely a leader, not a follower!

-Elsie and her friend, Hailey, were being so cute the other day when we went. They kept putting their arms around each other and kissing each other's cheeks. I love how affectionate Elsie is. I've always loved a good snuggle, and she does too!


A little video of Elsie dancing with her fairy that Grandma and Grandpa bought for her. She didn't know I was recording her. It's not super exciting, but cute. How could it not be?!

,

1 comment:

Alissa Maxwell said...

Oh, waking up to that toddler face is so funny. They're just at the right height to stare at you eye to eye. Owen hasn't done that yet, but we still have the baby monitor in his room to give us some warning when he climbs out of bed.