Friday, March 20, 2009

Zoo Boise

We have been dying to take Elsie to the zoo since she loves animals so much, and today was the perfect day. The weather was gorgeous and so pleasant to be outside. Now, the Boise Zoo is not the most fabulous zoo ever, but they have tigers and monkeys...and we knew that's all we needed to make Elsie happy. Those are two of her best animal sounds thanks to the Wiggles song. It was a great day, Elsie was fascinated with the animals (well, most of them!), and it was nice to be together as a family.


Daddy was great about lifting Elsie up to see all the animals. He also carried her around most of the park until I made her start sitting in her stroller. We've got to get ready for Disneyland! She loved the tigers!

Yes, we had to bribe her to get her to do her cute smile. She's hating having her picture taken recently.

She's getting to be quite the big girl. She wanted to go down the big giraffe slide all by herself...over and over again!

Her most gleeful moment of the day, however, was when she got to ride the carousel. She didn't want me to hold on to her at all, so I had to sneak my finger into her belt buckle.





There's nothing cuter than when she sits up on Aaron's shoulders and leans into his head. She looks so comfy...I'm sure she could stay there for hours. She loves to play with his hair while she's up there, too.

I took a few short videos of Elsie at the zoo. None of them are really amazing, but you can see how excited she was to be there. Oh, and she wouldn't put her full effort into performing any of her animal sounds and actions for the camera, so I sound like a big dweeb trying to get her to do them.



We were watching this monkey swinging and climbing in his little area and then suddenly he swung down right in front of us. I was holding Elsie and she got so scared when she saw him coming down. She was very startled and her body totally shook in my arms. Too funny!


Like I said, she loved the slide. What a big girl!

6 comments:

Angie said...

she looks so grown up! looks like such a fun day.

Lexi said...

she is so cute!
she is growing up so fast!
i love the monkey video!

Samantha said...

haha- all of my videos make me look so dumb because my kids won't perform what I'm asking them to do. Looks like so much fun!

melanie said...

I love taking my kids to the zoo. Even the Boise zoo. Last time we were there, some animals were getting a little crazy, man us parents were dying with laughter. Such cute photos! What a great day!

::lindsay said...

Oh, she's so cute! I can't wait to see her in a few weeks!

lysh said...

She looked like she was having such a blast! Little miss independent! So cute.