Wednesday, February 4, 2009

the latest

-So we are all sitting on the couch, watching an old Office episode, and playing around. Elsie gets annoyed with me, says "no, no" with a mean face, and points to the tv like she wants me to just go back to watching it. She does this all the time to both us.

-She has always said "ma ma ma" whenever she needed anything. It has gotten to the point, though, where she just walks around saying it even when she doesn't even need me. And it has turned into more of a "muh uh muh uh". It's like she just makes the sound when she's thinking, or maybe slightly struggling with something, or whatever. It's starting to drive me crazy...like chinese torture. Just a constant "muh uh" coming from her mouth. I am not exaggerating this...she's doing it as I type!

-Elsie loves to sing. She's really starting to get into singing the words to all the songs on Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and gets really loud. She also loves to sing at the library and in nursery. She's usually the only one you can hear. I LOVE IT!! Combine that with her love of dancing, and I think we've got a star.

-We never leave the house without Elsie's baby, her plastic spoon, and fake piece of pizza. She takes them everywhere...to church, the daycare at the gym, to friends' houses, and the store. She also has to go to sleep with her baby now. When we go check on her at night, she has her baby in the tightest bear hug.
-I have succeeded in making purple Elsie's favorite color. She always wants to wear her purple sock and her purple hair clip. She seeks out the purple crayons. I feel like I have truly accomplished something. If only I could find more cute purple clothes!

-Oh, I've lost 9 pounds!!

12 comments:

Angie said...

i need to see you guys soon!

Samantha said...

Oh my goodness kim! You described it PERFECTLY. My kids have started using 'ma ma' for EVERY PROBLEM they have or for whenever they want anything. It's EXACTLY how you described it. Some days I am driven to the edge of sanity by it. It really wears me down. Sorry you have that fun experience too.

Kacey Nielsen said...

Her list of items to go make perfect sense. She needs to take care of her baby, and baby just might need some spoon fed pizza on the way! :)

So cute! Though I'm with you on the "mom" thing. I get her calling my name over and over while I say "what, Scarlet?" 7-8 times later she finally says, "hi" and then is done.

dirty>south said...

I try to carry a piece of pizza around wherever I go, but Lindsay won't let me.

melanie said...

Her hair is getting so long, I love it! They get attached to the funniest things.

It sounds like Elsie will sing in primary like Nathan. There is no guessing where he's at because he is loud! He loves to sing.

Congrats on the 9 lbs!

Annie said...

I think she is on to something with the whole pizza thing, I may have to incorporate that into the zillion snacks I have in my purse.

Colleen said...

Elsie is the cutest little girl! She has such a great personality, I'd love to know her better. American Idol Season 20, watch out! Hooray for 9 pounds!!!

Nicole said...

She is two - what do you expect?! She is cute and very funny!
Way to go on losing 9 pounds (although I think I found them all and more!) You rock Kim - keep it up!

Jill said...

I love that you have made her favorite color purple, you will have to learn to sew and make purple thing ;)! Yay on the 9 lbs!

Piper said...

I remember when Cannon would say "Uh" for everything. I just started telling him I couldn't understand and he'd have to use words I knew. Don't worry, it won't last forever.
She is so funny!
Good job and good riddance to the lbs!

::lindsay said...

Elsie is adorable! Oh, and good job on the 9 lbs!

Alissa Maxwell said...

So adorable and hilarious. Except the 9 pounds, that's just plain awesome!