Thursday, January 8, 2009

other news

Angie helped me cut Elsie's hair while we were in WA. It was hard for me to want to cut off her cute curls in the back, but I had to. It was about 2 inches longer than the sides...a little mullety if you ask me. She looks like such a big girl now. It's still pretty curly when it's wet, but it gets pretty straight in the back when it dries. Oh well, it will hopefully grow out more evenly now and get curlier.

We finally got our ottoman that we bought a couple months ago. It took way longer to arrive than we were originally told, but it was so worth it. It is so wonderful! The top opens up for storage and holds so much more than I was expecting it would. I was getting so frustrated that I had nowhere to put Elsie's toys, but now I'm able to put just about everything in there. Now that we have the toys stored and our Christmas decorations put away, I feel so clean and organized.




I have to laugh about this! As you know, Elsie is not much of an eater. However, she has never wavored in her love for pizza. So, now that she was her new set of play food for her kitchen, what does she pick to carry around with her all day...yes, the pizza!


Let's see...I'm officially dieting and hating it. The finaly motivation I needed was when Aaron and I weighed ourselves the other night, and I now weigh more than him. Only a pound, but still!! Wow, that just about made me want to jump off a cliff. I've got a long way to go, but I know I can do it.

I'm having major January, bad weather blues, but I'm working through it. Aaron and I were going to plan a fun trip next month and go somewhere warm...but that's not going to happen. We decided to be realistic. We've already got a trip to CA planned for September, so we'll just have to look forward to that. At least the snow we got a couple days ago is melting away.

That's it for now. Oh, I have to learn the Thriller dance for a YM/YW talent show next week. It's a lot harder than I was expecting...or maybe I'm just not as coordinated as I used to be. This could end up being very embarrassing!!

12 comments:

dirty>south said...

we're still trying to eat all the crap left in our house and then I'll get back with the W-squared.

I guess Thriller is Carson's new favorite music video, so maybe he gots some moves to show you!

Peggy Dee said...

You can't feel too bad - your husband is tiny! Now if you were married to Pat and weighed more than him... that would be another story!! And I have no doubt that you have some good Thriller moves in you. Do they want it military style? Wasn't that your team's specialty? Get out the knee socks and gloves and go for it!!! Love you Kim

Jill said...

If I can do the Thriller dance you definately can! I have zero coordination and practiced for about a week. It was mildly embarrassing, but more fun than anything else. Elsie's hair is adorable!

::lindsay said...

Oh, yeah, I'm with Peggy...get out the knee socks and go. Love the new ottoman too.

Mandi said...

Elsie's hair loks so cute! That is exactly our problem with Marlee. Hers is STILL way longer in the back...good thing it is so curly. That ottoman is awesome, I need storage like that! I agree with Peggy about the weight thing, your hubby is TINY so don't be too hard on yourself. The Holidays were NOT good to me either...maybe I should join you in the dieting! Good luck, and tell Aaron thanks for giving Collin the advice the other day!

melanie said...

Oh dieting. I hate it too and need to step it up this year. Really, I have no clothes so that should be my first clue and motivation.

Love that ottoman. Hide it all!

Angie said...

sorry i cut off all her curls! hopefully they'll grow back. the thriller dance huh? nice!

Samantha said...

Loved catching up on your holidays. And picture this...Vegas. That's an easy trip. You can stay at hotel Miller, and I hear they offer a free babysitting service as well. It's not super hot here right now but just know it's always an option! (and by always I mean until we move in probably 5 months. So i guess you better get on it.)

Krystin said...

I'm pretty sure i might have seen you at Zoomba thismorning at the gym. Sorry i didn't say hi!

Colleen said...

If you get a little curl product, like Catwalk Curl Up, for times when you want her hair curly it really helps! It is amazing how that first haircut makes them look so much older all of a sudden! I love your new ottoman!

Anonymous said...

What the hell?! Why all the "tiny" talk?! I may be short, but tiny?? C'mon folks!

- Aaron

Anonymous said...

Not mad, just trying to be funny!

- Aaron