Thursday, January 8, 2009

In WA for the new year

Old news to most of you, I know. Sorry!

We went up to ML/Tri-Cities last weekend for Carson's baptism and to see Mitch who was visiting from NY. It was a great time. It went way too fast, but we got to see lots of family and be together...which makes me so happy.

We were in ML for the first couple of days. Grandma made us a yummy spaghetti dinner the night we all got there and then spoiled us with her homemade pie...apricot! On Friday we were able to visit more in the morning and then J/L, their kids, and Mitch headed down to Pasco to meet up with my dad. On Saturday we headed down to Jared's house to hang out and attend Carson's baptism. It was such a great day. The baptism was so special, and we were so happy that Angie decided to have Qiana blessed then as well. We were going to head home that night, but we decided to spend the night and I'm so glad we did. It was so much fun staying up late with the kids and goofing around.

Elsie was not sure what to think of Mitch. She didn't exactly treat him very kindly all the time have I mentioned before that she has major attitude?!) but it could've have been because he would just egg her on and pester her just to see her reaction. Some things never change! I wanted to get a picture of Mitch with Elsie, but she was not willing to cooperate. Angie finally had to step in and hold her for the picture. (Elsie was OBSESSED with Gigi the whole time we were there. She would not leave her side. It was pretty much pointless for Aaron or I to even be around. I know Ang says she didn't mind, but, seriously, she was a leach.)

Yes, Mitch it poking Elsie in the face. Elsie was not giving us super great smiles, so Aaron started doing little dances behind me to get her to smile. It seemed to work better for Mitch and Angie. It's always fun to laugh at Aaron!

2 comments:

dirty>south said...

can I say again that i have the blues still? it was fun having you guys up and I wish you never had to leave.

you forgot to mention my wheeling and dealing at Panda.

Angie said...

i love mitch's smile!