Thursday, December 11, 2008

family pictures

I finally was able to come up with cute enough and nicely coordinated outfits that Aaron would agree with, so we ventured out yesterday afternoon to have my friend Stephanie take our family pictures. I was already stressed before we even got started because I forgot to check the camera battery, and it was totally dead. So, we were all ready and looking nice and had to wait to get some charge back to the battery. Then Aaron decides that he wants to bring Wrigley and attempt to get him in the picture. (We know from past years, this doesn't work...well, I know.) We went to this little park in Caldwell that has a little stream, rocks, a bridge, and so on. Wrigley was wandering all over the place, Aaron and I were getting frustrated with each other because I couldn't care less if Wrigley was in the picture, Elsie did not want to sit and pose and was fighting us every second, and I knew I looked fat. (Not searching for any compliments here...just keeping it real. As I've said before, food has been my friend this year!!) Oh, it was not the greatest moment for our family. Elsie kept wanting to get down and play and stomp around on the sidewalk. Stephanie's boys were doing all they could to get her to smile and laugh, but she is too stubborn. We caught a couple pictures where she is smiling, but Aaron and I look a little awkward. Needless to say, Wrigley did not end up in any of the pictures. After a few attempts, I finally convinced Aaron to put him back in the van. Anyway, I settled on a picture. I suppose we could go out and try it again another day, but what's the point? Elsie will be Elsie, Aaron HATES getting family pictures taken (I blame this on you, Gary and Sylvia!), and I need to lose 20 pounds and get a boob job. (Yes, I said it!) There's always next year.

12 comments:

Angie said...

yes boobs will make all the difference.

Nicole said...

Oh I hear you Kim! Family pictures just makes my blood boil because I know we need one done and I usually look fat and nothing turns out the way you want it to! I'm sure you all look great! Love you -

Alissa Maxwell said...

This story totally made me laugh today! It's just classic. We didn't even try for new photos for our cards. I just used a collage layout from Snapfish, so the pictures are too small to tell we look awkward. =)

dirty>south said...

I'll give you my boobs.

Jill said...

I laugh and cry for you at the same time. We haven't had a family picture done since Bella was six months old because Nate is such a stinker about it. And we always having someone smiling unnaturally. And I hate how I look in all of them. Everyone else will look okay and I will look hideous. I have grand plans of doing one in the spring, but I don't expect any miracles.

melanie said...

I've totally had to lower my expectations because every single time we attempt family photos a domestic 'discusson' ensues. Seriously, why does it have to be so hard to get cooperation. This year, the tripod did the trick and it didn't do half bad. Well, except the me not having clothes and needing to lose way more than 20 pounds, ha!

camery said...

I can't believe you told us about the experience and then didn't even show us the result! I'm POSITIVE they turned out great because you have one of the best looking families I know. Seriously. And, boobs are overrated. (but call me when you go in to get yours and i'll schedule my appointment for the same time!) Merry Christmas!

Myca said...

I'm with Camery...no picture? I am sure they looked really good. I hate those kind of situations though....we still don't have a family picture of us since Tayden has been apart of our little family...I know bad right? Anyway I am so with ya on the boob job....power to ya! Every girl that wants one should be able to get one...no questions asked! You are hot anyway though

Annie said...

You are reinforcing why I haven't had a family picture taken yet. Thanks for reminding me.

Colleen said...

Oh how we've all been there! I DREAD family pictures! At least you got one you could live with. Thanks for the chuckle!

lysh said...

I'm with Ang! Boobs will fix everything. I had to laugh because I received a phone call from my mother in law this week asking how long a boob job puts you out of commission. Then she said if she could just come up with the money the Christmas holiday would be the perfect time to do it! :)

::lindsay said...

Family pictures are the worst. Mean crazy mommy totally comes out when our family has pictures. Jared and I find ourselves saying and doing things we normally wouldn't like, "If you don't sit here and smile right now, you're going to not get to play the Wii for a week." "Carson just look at the camera the whole time." "Kaiya, stop crying!" "Kaiya, if you smile for the camera, we'll go get big treats after." Yeah, you get the drift. Not pretty. Oh, and I'm totally there for the boob job thing. Maybe they might give a family discount!