Thursday, October 30, 2008

Tagged

For those of you that know me very well, this will not come as a surprise. I have been trying to think of 5 quirky/interesting/weird things about me since Lindsay tagged me, and I'm having the hardest time. Not to say that I don't have several annoying habits or that I'm just perfect or something...I just have the hardest time thinking of interesting things to write about. It all just seems so boring. So, I've thought of a few (I was thinking about it in the middle of the night when I couldn't sleep), but now I'm thinking I've already mentioned some of these long ago in another tag similar to this. Anyway, bear with me. Here it goes:

1: I am clumsy and run into doors, walls, corners...whatever it may be. In fact, I often times have bruises and don't know where I got them. Just a couple days ago I noticed a nasty bruise right on the bottom of my shin and couldn't remember where it came from. Well, last night as I was getting in the backseat of the car to sit next to Elsie, I rammed my leg right into this box that was sitting on the floor of the car. Yes, right into that bruise. Then I remembered how I got it in the first place! Have I moved the box...nope! I fear Elsie has inherited this same problem. However she does have an excuse, she's a toddler.

2: I have supersonic hearing (as Aaron calls it). I hear Elsie's tiniest little noises. I hear every sound imaginable when I'm trying to get to sleep...which is why I use a fan. Although the fan still doesn't block it all out. It really drives me crazy, but I can't help it. That is not my only super power though. I am always always getting shocked or shocking people. Aaron thinks I carry some special electric powers and calls me Electrika...dorky, I know. We always joke around about what our powers would be. I make fun of his webbing (that's right...he has some "minor" webbing on his fingers) and say he would be Aquaman. Or wolfman...'cause he's kind of hairy.

3: I love minivans. Everyone I know has dreaded the day they had to finally get a minivan. I, on the other hand, have always wanted one...even before we had kids. They are so practical, and I love that. I truly appreciate things that are practical. I'm kind of that way with clothes as well. Plus, we never had one growing up and I was always so jealous of my cousins' Astro vans. Anyway, my day has finally come. We've been needing another car since this summer when Aaron sold his two-toned Saturn. He's been working with a friend who goes to auctions in Utah and was looking for a truck (he wants one so badly). He finally decided a couple weeks ago to start looking for a van and realized we could afford that more easily and it would still serve many of the same purposes. So, I am the proud owner (well, not until this coming Monday officially) of a Toyota Sienna. To me this is a big deal.

4: I only have one fallopian tube. Not much to add to that...I just thought it was something not many people could say. (This is how desperate I was getting for interesting things about me.)

5: I have one eyebrow (thanks Lindsay for the eyebrow idea) that is significantly higher than the other one. I have a horrible time finding sunglasses where the one eyebrown doesn't pop up above the frame. Thank goodness big glasses are still kind of in right now. If I ever have to wear regular glasses, I don't know what I will do. I guess contacts are the only solution. I know everyone's faces are not totally symmetrical, but I'm talking more than just a little off. In pictures, it looks like I'm tilting my head. Really, look at a picture of me and I guarantee you'll see it.

Well, that's it. I'll tag anyone else that wants to do it. Have fun!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

Awww! Kim, I love you, quirks and all! And congrats on the minivan! I love having one too!

Alissa Maxwell said...

I love how excited you are about the mini van! We had a guy friend in college that always talked about how he wanted one. Not for the kids, but he honestly thought it would a great vehicle for college...??

I have never, ever, ever noticed your one higher eyebrow. In 15+ years... must not be that obvious.

Jill said...

Congrats on the van! I love my van, it is so practical and so comfortable!

Nicole said...

Kim I am glad that you are getting a minivan! Will it have the DVD player? That kept our kids so dang quiet on trips - it was SO nice! Love you!

Angie said...

more weird things about kim:
-she twitches in her sleep.
-she makes lists for everything
-she falls asleep during movies, even once in the theater
-she hates when people whisper in her ear, in fact she has a hard time with audiobooks cause she feels like someone is reading too close to her ears.

there kim, thought i would help!

Ashley said...

Haha! I have the same problem with one of my eyebrows... oh and finding sunglasses... lets not even get started on that! Although I can't even notice it at all when I look at your pictures!

Oh and I love minivans too! I USE to be one of those "I never want to drive a minivan" people, but after test driving them last year I fell in love! They really are super practical and with 3 kids... well... I'm lovin' my minivan!