Friday, July 11, 2008

so proud!

My baby is walking!! It's been so fun to watch as Elsie has finally realized that she can walk and has gained more confidence. She took her first couple steps on her own a few weeks ago (on June 18th to be exact...Angie's birthday). We were sitting around playing after taking Angie out to dinner and all three of us got to see those first steps. We were so pumped and kept trying to get her to do it again, but she wouldn't perform for the camera. Over the next couple weeks she would do it randomly, but always went back to crawling or her monkey walk. Over the 4th of July weekend she started becoming much more enthusiastic about walking and was doing it a ton more...but still crawling. Well, this week I've been gone at Girl's Camp and Aaron was telling me that all she does is walk now. It is so fun to see her do it. It makes me so proud (and relieved)!! I just love that little girl.

12 comments:

dirty>south said...

boo yah els! but I do love the monkey walk.

Jill said...

Yay Elsie!

Nicole said...

Way to go Elsie! It is so much fun to watch them when they are new to the walking!
P.s. Hope girls camp was a blast for you! Love you!

Anonymous said...

Is DS doing the Monkey Walk on Lindsey's Blog ?? Anyway, a Team Manager that has those moves ensures I won't have any competition in Fantasy Football.

Piper said...

Hooray for Elsie! What a big accomplishment!

::lindsay said...

Yea, Elsie! I can't wait to see her zipping around. You could tell she was so proud of herself on 4th of July weekend.

Samantha said...

Yay Kim! I'm so happy for you and glad that you get to see little Elsie walking around. I love love how cute kiddies are when they are first getting down those steps. I knew of course Elsie would walk as soon as she realized how nice it is, so I'm mostly just relieved for you because you were nervous about it! Happy Day!

Annie said...

Go, Elsie! I love to see babies toddling around.

melanie said...

Go Elsie! Next post a video of that sweet, wobbly walk.

Kacey Nielsen said...

That is awesome! It is like a whole new world for them. Can't wait to see it!

Colleen said...

Hooray! I love those cute early steps that look so unsteady, but somehow they stay up!

Nicole said...

go elsie!kim you never know if shes already walking like that shell probobally become an olympian runner and win gold medals.hehe.-alexis