Tuesday, June 24, 2008

what's on my mind

-I made strawberry jam today! My grandma and Angie helped me get it done since Aaron and I are leaving town tomorrow. I bought some freshly picked strawberries from my aunt's neighbor and they are so delicious. It's going to be a good batch. I love strawberry jam...now all I need to do is learn how to make my grandma's homemade bread.

-Elsie had another UTI over the weekend. This is really not good because the prophylactic antibiotic she's been on for the last couple months is supposed to stop that from happening. We'll have to see what this means, but for the time being she's doing fine. We caught it very early (thanks to her daddy!) so she got on medication right away.

-I keep having little moments where I think to myself "Oh, I've gotta tell mom that" or "Mom is gonna love that" but then I remember that she's gone and it freaks me out. I just feel like it's all so weird still. Who knows if it will ever seem normal?!

-Elsie's been doing swim lesson since last week. Well, they aren't really lessons...we basically just play around in the kiddie area of the aquatic center. But she loves it! Angie came one day to watch and Aaron has also been able to come. Today after lessons, we stayed to play for a couple more hours. It was a lot of fun. I was able to keep Elsie from getting a sunburn...not so lucky myself! She definitely got her daddy's skin. Lucky girl!

-I was trippin' out big time for a few days last week and over the weekend. I'm feeling a little more like myself now. Aaron was very patient and helped me sort things out in my head. I just feel like there's so much going on and so many stresses right now. Not to sit and complain, really! I just felt like I couldn't handle ANYTHING. I'm glad I'm feeling better now.

-We are heading down out of town for about a week. When we get back, Jared/Lindsay/kids will be coming up for the 4th. Then I'm going to go to girl's camp with our stake. (They needed some more adult leaders. Lori asked me if I would go, and I thought why not?!) I'm excited to have things to look forward to for the next couple weeks. I need some fun and distraction.

-Elsie is the cutest, sweetest thing in the world! She brightens up my day.

11 comments:

dirty>south said...

keep busy and know that I love you kimsicle. I'm going a little crazy too. strawberry jam is the bomb. I'm out.

Piper said...

Probably things will never be the old "normal". Just keep plugging along and know that we all love you!

Earl Family said...

Hang in there. I think of you often and pray for you even more. By the Way. Bumbo's rock! I took your advice and finally bought one. I so love it. Thanks!

Kacey Nielsen said...

Kid swim lessons! How fun! I'm so jealous. Oh, and your strawberry jam also made me jealous... and hungry. Homemade jam is oh so wonderful.

melanie said...

Love strawberry jam. I just made some last week. I so wish I could make the homemade bread to go with it. But I'm pretty sure I would eat the whole loaf and that would not be good!

Elsie is a doll, I'm glad you have her to brighten each day too. Thinking of you often.

::lindsay said...

yummy! I am a huge fan of homemade jam.

The kids started swim lessons this week too. I can't wait to go swimming on the 4th. It will be fun.

Hang in there. We've kinda had a hard time of it over here too. It's gonna feel so weird without her on the 4th. She absolutely loved being with the family during holidays. I guess that is all the more reason we need to make it fun!

Jill said...

My kids are in swim lessons right now as well-the older two that is.

I don't think anything ever really returns to the way it used to be. But in time things will be less intense. I listened to the service on Jared's site and you guys gave such a tribute to your mom. It was really amazing.

If you make it down here give me a call. I was going to call you last week and realized I don't have your ML number. So shoot me an email with it when you have the time.

Annie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colleen said...

Sounds like the ups are helping with the downs. I am thinking of you and your fam all the time. I am glad you've got some exciting stuff coming up! Hope Elsie is feeling better soon, and everything gets worked out OK!

mumovearls said...

we love you kimmy-
we pray for you and your family-N

Grandma Goo said...

Hi Kim, Sorry for the loss of your mom. I don't think we are ever ready for the final goodbye. My dad just passed away last week, and though he had not been well, for several years, he was doing pretty good. DId not expect him to die, when he did. That sounds weird, but he actually seemed a little better. Anyway, been thinking about you and praying that dyas get better as time goes on. Thanks goodness for memories! Jill's mom