Wednesday, October 3, 2007

fall

I love this time of year. It always comes as such a relief to the hot, summer weather. It feels so nice to walk outside and not immediately start sweating! I love seeing the leaves change colors. Plus, it means my birthday is coming up. Don't ask me why I still get so excited for my birthday...I just do. I guess it's just nice to know it's your special day.

Life has slowed down here a lot now that fall has arrived. It seems like we travelled so much in the summer that it's weird to be home every weekend. I don't really have much going on during the week either. This weekend Aaron's parents are coming up to visit, and then Elsie and I get to go to New England next week. I'm excited!! The only part I am not looking forward to is flying alone with Elsie. That's a long flight...I am not ashamed to admit that I will drug her if I have to.

I'm loving the new season of shows. Aaron and I don't have very many that we watch, but I love having something each night to look forward to. It's so nice to put Elsie to bed and then relax. Last night I had to go help with Enrichment. It really wasn't that fun, which was a big disappointment. But when I got home, Aaron and I watched Beauty and the Geek (we love that show!) and it made my night all better.

...and those are my thoughts for the morning.

8 comments:

Angie said...

1) i'm sure mom drugged us a children and look how we turned out right? oh wait... :)

2) our new england trip is going to rock. don't think i'm not putting together a music mix...

3) tv is the funnest thing. and i love beauty and the geek. i was so mad last night that two of my favorite teams went to elimination. i can't stand the "beauty" guy...is it just be or is he not cute at all!

Kim said...

I CANNOT stand the "beauty" guy. He is not cute at all, but he thinks he is so hot. He always makes the gayest faces too...Aaron calls them Constantine faces.

Piper said...

Why are you going to New England? Sounds fun!! I have a client who's husband is an anesthesiologist, and they had a long flight one time so he gave his daughter just the right amount of medicine, but he was embarassed as she was coming out of it because she was trying to eat a muffin and she was putting it to her forehead instead of her mouth!!
Also, I keep seeing commercials for Halo 3 and I think of Aaron! Has he succumbed to the new game yet??

Piper said...

ok... never mind, I read Angie's blog and I remember hearing about this trip, I just didn't know you were going too!! Have a great time and take tons of pictures!

Alissa Maxwell said...

Hey, aren't you supposed to be finding a new hobby for fall? Although, keeping up with the new fall shows could certainly count. We are enjoying having our evenings together now that Owen goes to bed at 8. Such a relief!

::lindsay said...

I look forward to my shows as well. I can't wait until we have cable back though because it can be so frustrating watching them on the internet.

Carson and Jared are looking forward to the New England trip so much. Carson's teacher said it is all he talks about. I wish I could come too. Jared said I can go on the trip with Carson next year. Knowing my luck, it'll be Oklahoma or Kansas.

dirty>south said...

I would still drug carson and kaiya if I had to.

Samantha said...

I am really starting to love the fall. and I'm totally with angie- they put up two of my favorite teams! I hate it when that happens. and the stupid "beauty" guy just has bug eggs all the time. I don't get it. I hope the nerd girl hooks up with a geek though. that would be awesome.