Friday, February 24, 2012

The New House

Here's the new house! I wanted to post pictures because I love to see where/how people live. I like to be able to picture surroundings.

It's two finished levels, and an unfinished basement.

The upstairs family room. Just like we had it set up in Idaho.

This is Elsie's toy closet and play area. It's really just an extension of the family area. She loves having all her stuff right where the action is, and I love having a place to store it all that's not her bedroom.
The third bedroom. Just an office/storage area right now. We need to buy a desk and hang some stuff. But very functional for now, and I love functional!
So I'm not the best picture taker, so I hope Elsie's room pics look okay. We're really happy with what we've done so far, but have a little more work to do. I want to add some more purplish-pinkish accessories and some really cute curtains.


The purple and white quilt on the bed was made by my Aunt Gail for my wedding. I'm so happy we now have a bed where it works so well!
Our bedroom, bathroom, and humungous closet are upstairs also. We haven't done anything cool in there, so I didn't feel the need to take a picture.

In fact, as I look at these pictures, I keep thinking it doesn't seem like we've done a whole lot. But we have!!

So now we go downstairs. Yes, a big empty room, and it will be that way for a while.

The dining area. We've lost our motivation to hang stuff. I think it's because I really want new stuff, but that's going to happen any time soon. I need to get over that!
The 1/2 bath. Just had too show at least one bathroom, and it was the cleanest.
And the kitchen. I've loved the island. Elsie loves to sit at the counter and hang out while I'm doing stuff.
We just love it!

6 comments:

Colleen said...

OOOOH! So cute! I love the kitchen, and Elsie's room looks like such a BIG GIRL room! New houses are so fun to makeover! That's a lot of exclamation points, isn't it? :)

Jill said...

Looks great Kim! I always love to see how people set things up. Love Elsie's room, it does look so grown up!

Shelly said...

So cute! Glad you've posted! So jealous of your kitchen and Elsies room is looking great! So did you guys end up buying then?

Anonymous said...

thank you for posting these. so cute and fun to see and get ideas from others. i'm glad you all have your own space. daishan

Anonymous said...

LOVE your new digs!!! :) just wish they weren't so far away! Um.....can I steal your kitchen?!? LOVE IT!! And super cute Elsie's room is awesome! Wow...an unfinished basement?! Sign me up please!! I need more space! Ha! Miss you guys! Love the pics!

Peggy Dee said...

Congrats on the new house. Looks awesome!