Wednesday, July 27, 2011

JUNE

JUNE UPDATE:
The first half of the month is a bit of a blur to me. Not sure why. I know I was in a bit of a funk (I'm not the only one that has those times, right?!) But once the weather started getting better and we had more things going on, life was much more enjoyable.

Elsie and I (and Aaron when he could get off early) started going to our favorite swimming pool whenever we could. I still haven't remembered to bring my camera. Elsie was still pretty timid in the water, but she loves to jump off the wall in the shallow end and do the army crawl back and forth.

Elsie has really started to get in to sounding out letters and putting those sounds together. We signed up for the summer reading program at the library, so she is really excited about reading for 20 minutes each day. I figured it would be us reading to her, but she is reading her BOB books all by herself. It is so awesome to hear her read and figure out the words.

We got to see lots of family later in the month. Aaron's parents came up for a visit, and we had a great time. Then, while Aaron stayed home to work, Elsie and I took a trip up to WA to visit Jared/Lindsay and family. Angie and Q ended up joining us as well, so that was a nice bonus. Plus it made for a much more entertaining car trip. We had lots of fun...more pics to come.

Some random pictures from the month:

I always tease Aaron about this way he sleeps where it looks like he's chillin' and tanning in the sun. When Elsie was taking a nap one day, she was doing Aaron's pose.
I had to go to the dr. one day to get checked for strep, and just brought Elsie along. I love that I can do that without even stressing about it. We brought her Leapster and headphones and all was good in the world. She just sat on the chair with her cute, little legs crossed and played the whole time.
No matter how hard we have tried to get Elsie to play upstairs, she has determined that her playroom is the family room. Oh, and the TV is hers as well. I love to see how Elsie sets up her little play areas all over the place. This spot is one of her favorites.
Always being a funny girl!

3 comments:

Piper said...

Cute girl! she is getting so big!!! LOVE her!

Angie said...

how funny that she sleeps just like aaron! hahaa.

oh she is too cute.

Anonymous said...

First of all...thank you for posting...I have missed your posts!! Even though I see you alot...I still missed them!! :)
Second of all....who posts at 620 am?!? Crazy lady.
Third...I LOVE her nap pose. Awesome.
Fourth. That's all. :)