Wednesday, November 3, 2010

First Trip to the Dentist

Do you ever have those days when your little one makes you so happy and you just love them so much for it?

I had one of those days when I took Elsie to the dentist for the first time. I was a little nervous about taking her because she doesn't like getting dirty, she has major texture issues and gag reflex issues, and she can be a little stubborn. I know it can be so hard for kids...three years of working in a dental office. But we talked about it a lot and she was so excited to go. She was amazing!! As soon as the assistant put the sunglasses on Elsie, she thought she was as cool as can be.

She cooperated so well and did everything the assistant and dentist told her to do. I was so happy!
And the best part of all...NO CAVITIES!! Hopefully she's inherited my teeth since I've still never had a cavity. Just had to mention that! But she's got a funky bite. It looks like expanders and braces in her future. :(

7 comments:

dirty>south said...

hey elsie next time let uncle J talk to you about headgear. it's not as dorky as people make it out to be.

Angie said...

ooh expanders...I remember when Jared used to cry when mom cranked that key....sorry Elsie.

Earl Family said...

You have NEVER had a cavity? Oh how I envy you...

Colleen said...

Big girl! AWESOME! Luke would have nothing to do with the dentist when we went in for his "meet and greet" visit.

Endless Glow by Jenn said...

Wow! No cavitites! My kids are doomed. THey have the WORST tooth genes out there!

Piper said...

way to go Elsie!

Boyd Ford said...

I suffer from texture sensitivity as well (I’m fine with the metal instruments until they touch my tongue, hehe!), so I know what it might’ve been like for Elsie. But I’m very, very glad that she was excited about her first trip to the dentist, and that she got through it just fine! Plus, she had no cavities! That’s definitely great to hear. It’s been almost 2 years since then, how is she keeping up with her dental visits nowadays?