Sunday, May 16, 2010

Happy Birthday and Half-Marathon

We celebrated Aaron's 34th birthday on Friday. Elsie and I did a little decorating with balloons and streamers, which she was pretty excited to show him when he got hom from work. He didn't have any court that day, so he was able to come hom around lunchtime. The weather was gorgeous, so we took Charlie on a walk. After Elsie went down for a nap, Aaron and I sat outside and got to enjoy some quiet time together. So nice! We went to Cheesecake Factory (minus kids!) for dinner and hung out a little while with the Collins, but we couldn't stay up too late because of the half-marathon the next morning.

Family picture before dinner. Happy Birthday, Aaron!

I know I've already mentioned a million times how sad I was to not be running in the race. Even at 5:00 in the morning when Aaron had to get up to get ready (I was up at 4:30...I was anxious for him!), I was wishing it was me getting ready to go. But Elsie and I were able to go in to watch him finish and enjoy the festivities. We drove in to Boise, parked kind of far away from the park, and it took a while to walk from the car to get there. About a minute after strolling in to the park, Ken saw Aaron coming around to the finish line. I was panicing trying to get my camera. I'm so glad we made it in time!!

I ran alongside him to get a picture. He was trying to be funny, but I don't think it worked out real well with the timing of the shot. Not the best picture of Aaron!! But we were still so proud of him. He finished in 1 hr. 48 min. That's pretty awesome, I think! That was faster than he had been running, so he was happy with it.

We hung around the park and watched all of our friends finish the race. I was so proud of all of them! Aaron downed 4 things of chocolate milk and a bunch of water. That, combined with the WARM weather that morning, did not sit well in his tummy. He had a bit of a rough day after that! T.M.I???
I got a little picture with Diana and Pam to make me feel like I was a part of things.

And then there's Aaron with the gals since he got to take my place.

5 comments:

dirty>south said...

hey nice job on the marathon and good choice topping it off with some chocolate milk. you should've down a bean burrito with it too.

Angie said...

Pam does exist!!!

hahaha...i was going to totally mention chocolate milk and taco bell too. was aaron as whiny about his stomach as jared was?

happy birthday aaron...you are awesome!!

::lindsay said...

Happy Birthday Aaron! Good job on the marathon!

Unknown said...

You know what really goes with all of the chocolate milk, don't you ??? Three pounds of fresh Bing cherries, mmmmmm., the intestines love it.!!!

Colleen said...

What a great way to celebrate a birthday! Great job Aaron, and you look fab, Kim! You'll get in on the next one.