Sunday, February 28, 2010

McCall

We went up to McCall for an overnight trip with our friends, the Collins'. We had to get one snowy, winter outing in before it was too late. It was so nice to get away and be with friends. The drive up through the mountains was gorgeous and sunny, and Elsie was a dream in the car...all she needs is a movie and she's set!

After a quick lunch, we went to a park with some sledding hills and got our snow clothes on (in the car because we couldn't check in to the timeshare yet). We weren't quite sure how Elsie would feel about the snow because last winter she got upset when some snow got on her gloves. But we bundled her up anyway, and went for it. She absolutely loved every second of it!! She had a smile on her face the whole time and didn't want to stop.

This one is my favorite!!


I, on the other hand, am not so fond of sledding. I don't know why. It just kind of freaks me out. I don't like not feeling in control. Even on the tiniest hill, I get so nervous. Lame, I know. We got some videos of our little adventure. Nothing too exciting, but you can see how excited Elsie was and how I suck at sledding. (I didn't know that it would copy the titles I gave to each video. It's really bugging me that it's showing up.)








After sledding we checked in and got our stuff unpacked and Diana and I ran to the store. The kids really wanted to go swimming at the pool, so we got that over with before dinner. The pool was kind of chilly, even for being inside, so we spent most of the time in the hot tub. That was wonderful! By this time, we were ready for food, relaxing, watching some Olympics, and games!! I don't know...I'm thinking we need to just buy a house with the Collins. It sure makes game nights a lot easier!

We went out for breakfast the next morning at this cute little restaurant. The food was delicious and they gave you so much to eat. Aaron's pancake was the size of a large plate and we ordered a cinnamon roll that was almost just as big. Delicious! Too bad we had to go back home after that. I think we all could've used a nap. Fun times...we'll have to do it again next year.

4 comments:

Angie said...

Sounds like a lot of fun....do you think you'd have enough room in that group dream home for me and Q?

dirty>south said...

good times. what, no one went under a car?

Unknown said...

It looks like you all had a BLAST !! Really cute pics and video. Funny though, the snow didn't look inviting to me since we have had our lawn covered with it for two months.

Diana Collins said...

We've GOT to stop talking about it and just do it Kim! And there will be plenty of room in our dream house for you and Q, Ang! :) Do you think we would ever sleep?