Thursday, January 28, 2010

She's "free"

Elsie is three!! We celebrated her birthday with all sorts of fun. Elsie and I spent the day together doing things that she likes. We painted nails, watched movies, played with toys, and made cupcakes. Elsie wanted princess cupcakes for her party, but I didn't want to spend a ton of money on them. So, I got a little creative (that makes it sound like they were much cooler than they actually were) and came up with something that made her happy as can be! She loved helping me bake them and decorated them. We even helped ourselves to one before the party.



(Elsie was Cinderella for most of the day.)

We went to dinner at Pizza Hut since that is her favorite kind of pizza. Our friends, the Collins, met us there. It ended up being "Kid's Night" at the restaurant that night, so there were balloons and activities. Since there weren't many other people there, it was like a party just for Elsie. The kids loved it!

We invited a few friends over for a little party. She loved opening the presents, but had a really hard time when her friends wanted to touch and play with her new things. We're working on that!!

We both absolutely love and adore our little girl. I mean "big girl" as she likes to remind me. How do I even put in to words all that she means to us?! We are so grateful to have her in our lives and in our family. I truthfully don't know what I would do without her!

2 comments:

Kacey Nielsen said...

How are these girls already turning three? To me three is always when babies become kids. They can go to dance class and preschool, they can talk to you and form their own thoughts. It is just too crazy that it has been three years.

Happy Birthday Elsie!

Angie said...

I am so thankful for elsie as well. She and her aunt ang will always be great friends.