Friday, June 26, 2009

"my blue pool"

I made Aaron drive me all around Nampa looking for one of these hard, plastic swimming pools. I was bound and determined to have one for Elsie this summer because I knew she'd love it and knew it wouldn't pop! It has not disappointed! She loves it, is constantly talking about "my blue pool", and loves having friends over to swim (or even Aaron and I...yes, we had all three of us in it the other day. It was a little carnie, but it felt good!)
Doesn't it always feel so good to lay on your towel in the hot sun and dry off from the pool? It reminds me of how we would lay on the cement around Grandma and Grandpa's pool to warm up. The cement was roasting hot, but it didn't matter when you were fresh out of the pool. Oh, those were the days. The little blue pool doesn't quite compare to that.
Olivia, Christian, and Elsie
Elsie loves her buddies, and is quite obsessed with "Baby Bumbo". Yes, she's very creative. The baby's name is Adelaide, but Elsie created her own nickname. She always saw in the Bumbo seat, so that's where she got it from. It has become a regular part of Elsie's vocabulary and conversation. Even Adelaide's own siblings have started calling her that!

Just a little pool video for your viewing pleasure. No, you won't get to see me in a swimsuit. Sorry, I don't like to disappoint you all!

2 comments:

dirty>south said...

we got the kids a little carnie pool too this summer. they think it's like the best thing in the world. oh look at you, though, all uptown with the built in slide. you must be rich.

Nicole said...

Love the pool! Looks like she AND the neighbor kids are all enjoying it! Glad you and Aaron are too!!!