Friday, June 26, 2009

lots of updates

Wow, I'm worn out. I don't know why I procrastinate getting pictures on here and getting blogs written. At least I was very productive today and got quite a few new blogs up. Mostly all about Elsie...actually all of them are about Elsie! She's much more exciting and cute than either Aaron or I.

I do have to add a little something about her that has been cracking me up lately. She has now learned that my name is Kim and is using it instead of Mom a little too often...especially when she really wants my attention. The other day in the car I was singing to her to try to cheer her up. She got very annoyed and said "Stop, Kim. Stop, Kim." (Except she says "Dim".) I guess my voice is even worse than I thought! So, yeah, she's using it all the time. I tried to teach her Aaron's name, but it's too hard for her to say. She says something close to "Een". That's kind of funny, too, because Aaron hates when people use the girl spelling "Erin" for his name. We used to tease him about it and say we are going to start calling him Ee-rin. Anyway, now this isn't sounding very funny, but it sounds like Elsie is saying that instead of Aaron. Well, it makes me laugh and bugs Aaron, and that's all that matters!

I had myself a little Michael Jackson tribute dance party this afternoon while Elsie was napping. So many great songs!! Check out Angie's and Jared's blogs. They give a much better tribute than I ever could.

3 comments:

dirty>south said...

Erin,

when is our fantasy football draft?

Let me know

JJ

Samantha said...

Wow, apparently I feel like posting a comment on each of your updates! But I had to laugh because Kate (and Owen) have a really hard time saying the name "Owen." It's hard for them to say. So when I read this post I had to laugh because Owen and Aaron sound pretty similar, so I guess it's not just my kids. Elsie would probably have a hard time with prounouncing Owen too, (and my kids pronouncing Aaron). I'm writing too much. I get it. I'm getting so excited for our reunion!

Angie said...

I love love love elsie. She has such a big personality that just makes me smile...plus she loves orange like her aunt gigi, so you know she has great taste! Can't wait to hang out with you guys soon. Qiana is gonna love spending time in that pool with elsie.