Thursday, June 4, 2009

Goodbye, Wrigley...

April 2006-June 2, 2009

We lost our dog Wrigley this week. It happened Tuesday evening while Aaron and Elsie were out on a walk with him. He was hit by a car that was driving way too fast on the road right outside our neighborhood. We are so sad, and feel like a little part of our family is missing now. Aaron and I got Wrigley in June of 2006. He came into our lives at a very important time. He gave us something to focus on and to take care of. I, who am not a dog person at all, really came to love and appreciate him. He was so friendly, gentle, kind, happy, well-behaved. Wrigley was so wonderful with every person he came in contact with, especially kids. I never worried about him being around Elsie or others. In fact, Elsie absolutely adored him and loved having him around. We loved to take him on walks and hang out in the yard with him. I feel especially bad for Aaron. He was the one that really took care of Wrigley and spent the most time with him. He was his buddy!! It's going to take some getting used to not having him with us. We look out in the backyard to see him, and it's still so weird that he's not there. We love you, Wrigley.

(I feel so bad because I was getting so lazy about taking pictures of Wrigley over these past few months. I just hate that feeling of wishing you had done things differently. But these are a few of my favorite pictures over the past few years.)
And, yes, Wrigley died on the anniversay of my mom's passing. How do like that??

13 comments:

Alissa Maxwell said...

So sorry Kimmy... I can't imagine how empty your house must feel. If I could, I would give you a free pass to skip June 2 from now on.

dirty>south said...

I still haven't told Carson and Kaiya - I just don't have the heart to this week. They LOVE Wrigley.

I feel so bad for you guys. It's seriously like a county western song "I lost my mama...and my dog too. buh buh buh buh"

And man, ever since I read your email I've wanted to hunt down that stupid carn-exi (oh, you know what that means) and run over her dog and just leave the scene. Ohhhh, that would be ¡moi loco!

I just feel so bad. June 2 is just the gayest day now. Just really super gay.

Annie said...

How depressing.

::lindsay said...

I'm so sorry guys. What a horrible week for you guys. He really was a good dog. Carson and Kaiya will be absolutely devastated. I hope you guys are doing alright.

Colleen said...

How sad! I am so sorry, Kim. Man, that just sucks. Wrigley was such a cute dog, I remember that the kids and I visited when he was just brand new!

Jill said...

Sometimes it seems like these things happen in clumps doesn't it. How sad, I am sure it will be quite an adjustment. Just tear this week out of your calendar in future.

Piper said...

Poor Wrigley! He was the only dog I ever saw that smiled! I'm so so sorry.

ashleyboice said...

I am so sorry. I can't believe the timing either. Sad.

mumovearls said...

Awhhh! I am so sad! I loved how thatdog always would chase the ? what was it? it was tied to a stick?... Aaron would always have him out in the evenings planing with it when we were swimming at G-ma's... He was a super cool dog! So sorry about the timing too! So not Cool!-n

Angie said...

i have now become a superstitious person and consider june 2nd
"death day". seriously. I plan on taking some sort of anxiety medication every june 2nd a.m. in preparation for bad news.

R.I.P. wrigley. one of the only dogs I actually liked. :(

Kacey Nielsen said...

I do not like dogs at all but I almost cried after reading your post! I am so sorry you lost such a good pet/friend!

Nicole said...

That is horrible. I know what you are going through and it is horrible. They are part of your family whether you like it at first or not!!

Anonymous said...

Kim and Aaron - What a beautiful dog! I HATE that you have both these events at all, even more so on the same day. Tons of hugs for you guys...Janice W (I forgot my blog password so I'm anonymous again)