Tuesday, March 3, 2009

I just need to whine...

Aaron had a cold last week and then Elsie got it over the weekend. Now, I have a super bad sore throat and will be sick this week. Darn it! (Hopefully I'll get it out of my system before this weeekend.)

I have only lost 1/2 pound over the last two weeks. I am SO frustrated. I don't know what the problem is. I feel like I've been following my plan like I should...eating all my points (weight watchers) and not going over. Some days I'm even hungry, but refuse to go over my points. I've worked out every day but Sunday. I don't know. I've just about had a mental breakdown every day for the past few days...oh wait, I did have a mental breakdown. Being hungry all the time is not good for me!! And, of course, now I'm sick and my working out is going to suffer. Aaron tells me to just take this next week off from weight watchers, which I was kind of going to anyway because of girls weekend coming up, but I don't know if I can keep going anymore. I've lost 12 pounds total, and I know that's great...but I'm stuck and SO sick of it.

I guess I just feel like I'm putting so much effort and thought and energy into this and am not seeing the results that I feel like I should be seeing. (I did WW about 4 years ago and had better, more consistent results each week. I was younger...maybe that's the difference.) If this is how it's going to be from this point forward, then it's not worth it. I've been getting headaches just about every day. You may say..."she's not eating enough". But I'm eating all the "points" that I'm allowed.

Okay, I'll be done for now. Just remember, it's the hunger talkin'!

10 comments:

Angie said...

I know getting advice from me about this is like getting dancing lessons from aaron, but here it goes anyway...maybe you need to switch it up a bit, try different forms of exercise, eat different foods. maybe your body has kind of adjusted to what you are doing and it isn't burning like it should??? Just an idea.

but hey if you want to say c'est la vie to it all then I am totally down for that too! :)

Annie said...

What a bummer. 12 pounds is really good, though!

Nicole said...

I totally feel for you. The same thing happened to me when I did Weight Watchers about a year ago. I finally gave up b/c it was hard to keep going when you are hungry every day and you get the "diet headache!" Sorry Kim - 12 lbs is way awesome - good for you!

Peggy Dee said...

It's tough when you hit a plateau. Take a break but don't give up entirely. Keep working out if you can. Colds make you feel like not working out but when you actually do, you feel better. Eat whatever you want this weekend and have a good time! You will still feel the results of the excerise you have been doing and your body will continue to burn your food off in a more effective way. Then get back on when you get home. I don't know anything about weight watchers but some good rules of thumb are: always eat breakfast (they say eggs and bacon are the best), eat frequent small meals throughout the day and try not to eat past 7 or 7:30. Also try and have your biggest meal at noon and smaller meals for dinner if possible. Everyone hits a plateau, don't let it get you down! And if you choose to give it all up - I'm down with that too cuz we love you just the way you are!

Alissa Maxwell said...

In our house, we have our own word for what you are feeling:
hungry + frustrated/angry = HANGRY!

I vote that you need a diet break and then maybe a change of which foods you are using to reach your points...

Colleen said...

I think Alissa and Angie both have good suggestions. When I shifted my workouts from only running to running and swimming, and then later when I was always tired of having plugged ears, I did running plus the eliptical, I saw better results. So changing it up might be really good. And the changing how you're getting your points too is good. Maybe more food that is fewer points, so you still get to eat when you need to. I love the Biggest Loser, and it seems like even on that show, where they are in CONSTANT diet/workout phase they have weeks where they plateau a bit. Twelve pounds is awesome though, so make sure you are giving yourself credit for that! It is harder when you are older too. Stupid aging.

Jill said...

I find co-dependance is necessary for me to keep up a good exercise routine at all. And I think that I am still at the point that I will just exercise and not worry too much about food. So in my book you are doing great. Twelve pounds is great! Don't be too hard on yourself. And Colleen is right-aging does stupid things making it harder. Call me when your here. I am up for doing something for sure.

janae said...

12 pounds, that's awesome! I thought you were going to say you lost a total of like 5 pounds or less. I am seriously impressed. That is hard to do. Lifting weights is always the ticket for me when I hit a plateau, but it sounds like I could you some advise from you. 12 pounds wow!---janae

lysh said...

Oh Kim how I love you! I think everyone has given good advice. Definitely change it up. Weight lifting does help...I'm not sure if you're doing that. Even changing the intensity of what you're doing helps (run 6mph for a couple minutes, then bump it up, then bump it up, then bump it up, then all the way back down, etc) I think you are really consistent with the workout. You really should be proud of yourself. The food is harder but definitely don't go hungry. Maybe add in a protein drink or something that is lean but will last awhile in your system. PS You are beautiful!

Ashley said...

Do you ever watch The Biggest Loser? They all have weeks where there body just says "NO MORE!" and they don't lose any weight. I think it's normal. Just keep on pluggin' along! You're doing awesome! I'm sure you'll see the results that you want if you just keep doing what you're doing! =)

I set my blog to private. You can e-mail me at ashleysiruno@hotmail.com if you'd like and I'll send you and invite.