Wednesday, March 11, 2009

earl girls just wanna have fun

(I'm definitely not the first to blog about our girls' weekend, so there's no news here. This is purely for me to remember!)

I was so excited when we started planning our cousins' reunion. When Alysha brought up the idea, I was all for it. In fact, I had been thinking about the same thing and just got lazy in asking about it. Good job, Lysh! We finally decided on the weekend (crossing our fingers that it really was going to work for everyone!) and got the ball rolling. Angie found a great house for us to rent in Salt Lake and got us all organized. Oh, it was fabulous!

When I arrived at the house, several people were there already. As I was walking up to the front door, I was all giddy and kind of excited-nervous. It was weird...I had to laugh at myself. The second I walked into the room, I knew it was going to be a blast. We were all so excited, chatty, loud, and ready to party.

Needless to say, I did not even attempt to diet on this trip. We were surrounded by way too much good food...stuff I hadn't touched in quite a while.

We talked and talked and talked even more. I loved getting updates on everyone, really knowing what's going in their lives...not just the things they put on their blogs. I loved trying to listen to three different conversations at once. I loved laughing so hard my jaw and tummy hurt! I felt so happy and satisfied being with my family, these girls that I grew up with, who know me so well and I feel 100% comfortable with and glad to be with.
Aren't we funny?! The thing is I was actually laughing in this picture because the first time we tried it no one was looking at Alysha and she was getting all paranoid. So, we were laughing about it before this shot.
Yes, the sexy shot. Wow, I am not sexy. Maybe I never was...I just thought so.

The whole group at Mimi's Cafe. Yummy food, good conversation!

We talked a lot, like I said. We got into all sorts of crazy conversations...some a little too intense for these girls. He he!
We missed everyone who was not able to make it. I know we'll do it again! Love you girls!
Side note: Aaron said I was acting so dramatic for the rest of the day on Sunday after he picked me up. I guess that's what happens when you've been around girls all weekend...especially this bunch!

4 comments:

Angie said...

do you wanna hear a sexy story?

Colleen said...

You are such a lucky girl to have such a great group of family+friends=framily! I love how close you all are and wish I had the same for me...and for my kids! Those fabulous ladies have always been such a blessing to you!

Katie said...

How fun! I love your cousins. I have such great memories of church dances and cruising through ML with Earl girls! That's great you could all get together!

And yes, I may be turning over a new leaf. Actually commenting on blogs instead of just reading them. :)

Mandi said...

I know I have already commented on almost everyone else's blog, but the weekend looked FUN! I am sorry I missed it. I hope to be at the next one!!