Thursday, February 19, 2009

this past week

We had a great trip to Utah, but I was a little nervous to do my weekly weigh-in. We never eat real great when we are travelling, but it's even a little worse in Utah. There's way too much yummy, sugary food at Aaron's parents house. It takes way too much self-control to say no to everything. So when I saw that I hadn't lost any weight, I wasn't very surprised. The trouble was, my family was coming down to our house the next weekend to visit. We ate well...but this week I actually lost a couple pounds. Thank goodness for the gym!

Jared/Lindsay/kids and Angie and Qiana came down to visit last weekend. (I didn't take any pictures...lame!) I love having my family around. I just feel complete. We talked and laughed, ate good food, played games...it was great. Funniest comment of the weekend came from Carson when we asked what Elsie's nickname should be (since he failed to give her one like he has the other girls). He said it should be "Pure White". Perhaps he's heard us joking around about that. Ha ha...it was so funny. It got a good laugh out of all of us!

After my family left on Monday, it was back to the normal (sometimes boring) routine of real life...going to the gym, grocery shopping, doing laundry, working. Aaron has had a good week of getting clients. That's a never-ending stress for him...not fun!

6 comments:

Angie said...

oh my gosh i loved that comment! well its either that or captain elsie...so you decide. ha ha ha.

Colleen said...

Sibs are the best. I am so glad that you live close enough that you all can be together from time to time.

Peggy Dee said...

I have just been catching up on your blog. Elsie is just so cute and so much fun. You are getting into the good years now! I love blogging because I get to enjoy them with you. Have a great day!

lysh said...

Elsie is all of the sudden looking like such an adult to me. She is so cute! Sounds like so much fun getting together on both sides of the family...I love that!

melanie said...

I'm so glad you guys had a good time! Carson's comment cracks me up. They are always listening. So much it's scary what they'll repeat! Mine anyway....

Alissa Maxwell said...

Your family has such a great humor gene! Cracks me up. And the image of Elsie standing on the doorstep in your last post is priceless. I can't imagine how shocking (and awesome) that would be for grandparents. If only she had a knapsack and a train ticket...