Thursday, January 22, 2009

just truckin' along

I keep thinking I need to update my blog, but I don't really have a whole lot to say. We haven't had anything super exciting happen. My life right now pretty much consists of going to the gym, trying to figure out what to eat (or not eat!), and keeping Elsie entertained without being able to play outside. Okay, I'm sure there's more than that.

We put hardware on our cabinets in the kitchen. It looks really good and it makes it so much easier to open them. There wasn't much of a ledge to grab onto before, so this has made my life just that much easier!

Elsie has decided that she doesn't want to go to sleep at night. She has been SO good about going down for naps and going to bed, so this really came out of nowhere. She has learned all sorts of stalling techniques, and we were such suckers. The other night it took her 2 hours of crying (and a little bit of us snuggling her) to finally give in and fall asleep. Last night Aaron was able to get her calmed down and talk her into going to bed on time. It was a miracle! It's not so fun watching our shows at night while Elsie is screaming from upstairs.

I went out to lunch with my cousin Myca yesterday. Elsie was obsessed with Boston (her son) and kept saying "Bah Bah" all day. It was fun getting to visit with her, see her BEAUTIFUL new house, and get out of my normal, boring routine. There's nothing like being with family!

I didn't have mutual this week, and I was totally ok with that. This whole Young Women's calling is kind of a lot of work. Really, I've got the time and am capable...I just don't always have the energy to keep up with those girls. We did have our talent show last week and we did our Thriller dance. It went pretty well, and the girls were all surprised that their leaders could dance. It was pretty funny! The Young Men leaders danced to that Soldier Boy song...Crank That. It was hilarious, but slightly awkward at a church activity. I don't think they knew the words to the song. But I'm sure the kids did!

Sorry, no pictures. I'm a slacker. We're off to the library today, and that's always a good time!

7 comments:

ashleyboice said...

ohh...I am sorry about elsie not sleeping. Welcome to being a parent of a two year old. It is so hard when they decide they don't want to sleep. Stick in there and in a little while she will get the picture and go to bed (we are still struggling with rob and he is 3...but he also shares a room so it is hard for him to stop talking and go to sleep).

Angie said...

oh elsie! she just keeps making your life that much more difficult...poor you. did you videotape the thriller dance...cause I need to see it. if you didn't that's cool...you will just have to do it for me the next time I see you!

dirty>south said...

and there's not video of the thriller dance becaaaaause?????

the soldier boy would've been great too, especially if A-ron were in the mix.

Piper said...

Good luck with the sleeping! Don't back down!

Kim said...

The thriller dance did get videotaped, but not by me. I'm sure I could track it down if I wanted to, but I don't!! I'll do it for you sometime 'cause I'm a big dork.

Annie said...

Abigail is doing the same thing, but with naptime! (my favorite time of the day)

Colleen said...

Just when you think you have it down, those toddlers love throwing you for a loop! I hope the sleeping gets easier!