Monday, September 8, 2008

september already?

I can't believe it's September already!! I feel like the summer came and went so fast. We'll be moving just next month, Angie's baby is due in just a couple of weeks, and I've been having a great time shopping for Elsie's fall wardrobe. Boy oh boy, I wish I could get a brand new wardrobe for each season. Maybe if I can get skinny, I'll treat myself!

Aaron had a really light schedule last week for work, so we were able to get a lot done around the house. The shrubs and trees all around my mom's house were so out of control. Plus, there are way too many. So we (meaning mostly Aaron) did a ton of trimming and removing of some bushes. It looks so much better, but it was a pain. Now, when we leave the house, at least we know it's in tip-top shape.

On Saturday Aaron and Jared went over to Seattle for the BYU vs. UW football game. (Thank goodness BYU won!!) Angie, Elsie, and I hung out all day and had a great time. We went to the Farmer's Market in the morning, shopped at Wal-Mart for some more baby stuff for Angie, took naps, ate a nummy lunch at Dana's, and watched a movie (The Kite Runner...it follows the book very well...but it's very intense!) that night. It was a great day.

Random picture I took of Elsie and I while I was holding the camera. I just kind of like it. Not that either of us look that great...it just reminds me of us hanging out. Elsie wore her new BYU shirt on Saturday. I wanted to get a picture of Aaron and her before he left that morning, but Elsie and I were not ready in time. I was so glad she stood still while I was trying to take a picture. Lately, she's just been trying to take the camera from me and look at the screen. I had to laugh at her pose here because she's been doing this all the time. She puts her hands behind her back in a total drill team type stance. I love it...she's going to be a killer driller someday!!


6 comments:

Angie said...

hopefully she grows some hair on the sides so she can rock the double french-braid otherwise she won't really be a killer driller

dirty>south said...

if she needs killer driller dance lessons - look no further.

Nicole said...

She looks so dang grown up! I can't believe September is here already - it's crazy! Hope Angie is doing well and can't wait to see her baby! Love you guys.

Alissa Maxwell said...

Oh man! Elsie looks so grown up all of a sudden. Maybe it's fall in the air that tells these kids to advance a year. Owen looked so different this morning, I thought Scott picked the wrong kid from somewhere. =)

We're sad BYU won, but at least someone is taking some joy in that rotten call.

Pete and Court said...

GO COUGS! Yeah I bet Aaron went crazy. We miss you guys, call us next time you're in town.

Piper said...

Cute Elsie!!
So you're moving next month back to Boise, right? Good luck with everything!