Tuesday, September 16, 2008

haircuts

Elsie and I both needed to get a haircut so badly!! I don't know why I'm not better about keeping up on getting my hair cut or trimmed. I sometimes go months between cuts. That's kind of embarrassing to admit. I let it get long with no style and then pull it back every single day. Whenever I get it cut and styled again, I feel so happy and so much better. Plus, when it's shorter, my hair isn't so flat. Anyway, I finally got it cut last week and it makes me smile. I don't know why I haven't taken a picture of it...I guess because I don't really want to take a picture of the rest of me right now. It's cute, trust me.

Elsie was starting to get quite a mullet. The back and top of her hair have been growing like crazy, but the sides just won't catch up. She has curly hair which kind of hides some of the difference, but it was starting to get a little out of control. I was too nervous to cut it, and I definitely didn't want Aaron touching it after his bang "trim" earlier this year. Angie was brave enough to do it, and it looks so much better. Elsie was actually pretty good while she cutting. We gave her the water spray bottle to play with and she was sucking water like crazy. Then she played with the camera to keep herself occupied. Angie just trimmed all around to try to round it out a bit more. Now that it's shorter and has a few layers, it's a lot curlier too. Thanks, Ang!
Here's the mullet before the cut. Plus, it was getting so long that it wouldn't hold on to any curl.

Curly, curly. You can't really tell the cut too much from the front, but the sides look a lot better.

6 comments:

Samantha said...

Her new haircut looks so cute! Kate has the same problem- long mullet and hair on top and the sides can't catch up- except a lot less hair than elsie. Maybe someday her hair can be as cute as hers!

Annie said...

I need to cut Abigail's, too, but I'm afraid all her baby curls will go away. Elsie's looks so cute, I might have to go for it, though.

Piper said...

cute! A good cut is helpful at any age!

Nicole said...

Looks pretty dang cute! She looks like a cutie!

Angie said...

elsie was such a big girl during her haircut. just like her cousins all she needed was the water bottle to keep her entertained. she is just so adorable!

auntiescary said...

hi kimmy! I put one of the pics of Elsie on my desktop at work. Everyone keeps asking who the cutie is. I finally figured out how to work this blog-thing so I can comment etc. Elsie's adorable! thaks for sharing her! LOVE YOU. MN Julie