Monday, March 10, 2008

Forgive me...for I have sinned!

I was reminded by my dear sister today that it has been nearly a month since I last posted, and she was not happy with me. You'd think after being reminded while we were in Utah last week that I would've gotten right on it. But no...I've been sucked into this awful world of no internet and I can't get out! Actually, Aaron and I finally got dial-up at my mom's house just so we could have a little taste of it. That's nothing like high speed, though. Oh, how I miss it.

I will have to say that it's been kind of nice just reading other people's blogs and not worrying about what I'm going to write or what pictures to post. Like I've said before, writing is not my favorite thing, and I get anxiety (ok, a bit of an exaggeration) when it comes to blogging.

We are doing well here in Moses Lake. Aaron has a very nice work schedule, and I've been very spoiled. Elsie is continuing to keep us entertained and busy. She is now pulling herself up all the time (she suddenly became very able and confident while we were in Utah) and discovering a whole new world of things she never was able to reach before. She has definitely taken her time with each new stage, but she is happy as can be.

We've had a fun last couple of weeks. We went down to Utah for a about 6 days and had a great time with Aaron's family. The only bummer part is that Aaron wasn't feeling great for the first few days, and he wasn't up to doing much. We played lots of games, ate good food, celebrated Jeff's birthday, and went skiing. (The last time I went skiing was when I was a senior in high school...and that had only been my second time skiing.) Elsie got lots and lots of attention from her cousins, aunts and uncles...but mostly from her grandparents. She loved it!! It was nice for Aaron and I to have a break. We even got to hold hands in the mall. I liked it! Yes, that is me...the girl who looks like a boy next to Aaron. It was such a gorgeous day...the nicest day to go skiing. I was not feeling very confident that morning when we were getting ready to go. I almost stayed home, but I'm so glad I went. Everyone was very patient and took it easy with us rookies. I was relieved to know that Gary hadn't skiied in quite a while as well, and there were a few other cautious skiiers. By the end of the day, I was feeling like I finally knew what I was doing, but I was so tired. I even conquered a few REALLY steep hills...I did almost have an emotional breakdown on one because I was by myself and kind of stuck. I saw Ashley at the bottom and knew Nicole and Jeff weren't far behind me, so I finally decided I wasn't going to die and went for it!

Elsie is still the pickiest eater in the world and doesn't have a big appetite to top it off. There are a few things she does love...toast, cheese, pizza, chocolate, and grapefruit. A well-rounded diet, right?! She is SO stubborn. I really have tried everything, but she will make herself throw up if she doesn't want to eat it. Every once in a while she'll decide to try something new and actually like it. One day at Grandma and Grandpa Wise's house, she went crazy on a banana! I was so excited and she was so cute with her mouth stuffed to the brim. She couldn't take big enough bites! Hopefully, she'll lose some of her pickiness over time...or she'll just keep being as stubborn as ever...like her mom (as Aaron would say)!

6 comments:

Angie said...

thanks for blogging and giving me something to read during the day....

tamiearl said...

Love the pics and missed you while you were away. Elsie makes me smile!

Nicole said...

Kim you did such a great job skiing, I would never know you hadn't gone in forever! It was really fun to see you all and hang out! Now you know why I don't blog at home.....the lovely dial-up!!! Love you all!

Jill said...

I wondered if you were ever going to update. Glad you guys are having a good time in Moses Lake. Don't worry about Elsie's food stubborness, it works itself out and comes and goes I think. She is such a doll.

Kacey Nielsen said...

So if Elsie is a picky eater, does that mean that she doesn't want to eat everything you have? Cause I would be a fan of that :) What a cutie!

Samantha said...

Love the bangs and the update.