Thursday, August 16, 2007

vacation time

I've been looking forward to today for quite a few days now. Not only am I way excited for our family reunion, but I'm excited to get out of the house for a few days. It's always nice to have something to look forward to, even if it's just a short trip. I know we are going to have a blast! There's going to be all sorts of fun things to do, good food to eat, and, most of all, my wonderful family to hang out with. I hope the family wants to make this a yearly tradition. I think it is so great since we're all spread out now. Anyway, I'm pumped!

Elsie did not sleep well last night, which made me not sleep well either. Of course Aaron never hears the monitor, so it's always me getting up to check on her. I don't do much except peak in her room and make sure nothing major is wrong. Then, I just have to wait it out until she gets herself back to sleep. Lately that only takes her a few minutes. I usually just sit on the computer since it's in the room right next to hers. The trouble comes when I have to get myself back to sleep. Last night it took me over an hour to fall back asleep one of the times I got up. Not fun! So I'm pretty tired today, but I don't care. I'll probably be tired all weekend, so this is good practice. I guess the good news is that Elsie CAN get herself back to sleep without me even giving her the binky...unlike a couple months ago. That makes me happy!

Ta ta for now...I'll be back Sunday!

1 comment:

Piper said...

Oh Kim you are soo busy!! Can't wait to get you here and kiss baby Elsie!! Love you!!