Thursday, August 9, 2007

Elsie's latest trick

Whenever Elsie gets a hold of towel, clothes, burp cloth...you name it...she puts it over her face and tries to get it off. I think it is so funny because her body starts kind of shaking as she tries to pull it off. It's like she's concentrating so hard to use all the strength and muscles in her body. I love it because she'll just do it over and over again. And, of course, if I play along and say "Where's Elsie?" she just laughs and loves that. This morning she had fun playing this game with her book. Except it was really funny because she would just let it sit there and not try to pull it off. It's almost like she didn't know what to do with it, or maybe she was just posing for the camera!


I tend to be very simple when it comes to how I look. Half the time and I don't even remember to put on earrings, and I don't really wear much jewelry. Plus, it's a rare occassion when I actually do my hair. So, I've been trying to remember to not pass this along to Elsie. I want her to look cute even if I don't. Is that shallow? Maybe it is, but I don't care. She's my princess!

8 comments:

ashleyboice said...

My kids used to fall asleep right there on the floor if I covered their faces with a blanket. Hahaa. Babies are the best. And yours is oh so cute.

Angie said...

she is a princess. she makes me laugh.

Jill said...

I totally understand the leaving the house looking like a refugee with kids that look like they are going to get their picture taken. I do that when I can get them to cooperate, dress her cute while she lets you and before she picks out lurid combinations or wants to wear all her jewelery at once, or like Jack, puts white out in his hair and walks around looking like he has dandruff, which he loved....

We will be around the 1st of September, just let us know when and where and we will see you guys!

Erin said...

Kim,
It's Erin Johnson here, I just found your blog, long story. Anyway, email me! I havn't talked to you in forever. erinmehler@gmail.com Your little girl is so darling, and I had no idea you had lost a child. I am so sorry. The video of him is precious. Talk to you soon.
Erin

::lindsay said...

Elsie is such a pretty baby!

Samantha said...

Ah i love the pictures!

Colleen said...

So cute! I think our kids looking better than us is just part of the deal!

Colleen said...

So cute! I think our kids looking better than us is just part of the deal!